🌹CHAPTER 9🌹

Okay, so I'm  sorry  I haven't updated in ages.I've been so busy and with my other book and all the likes, its been total hell but here's what I have, planned.

___________________________________

TORI'S POV

"Do you have a reservation here sir?" A man asked as we stepped in. This place was the bomb. I can't remember the last time I stepped into a restaurant this beautiful.

Uh, maybe four years ago with your family who abandoned you cause you got pregnant at 18?

Great! Just great inner girl. Way to ruin the day. I was driven out of my reverie once Zach placed his palms on my back and we started moving to a table at the end of tge room. At least we were going to have some privacy. I ignored the disapproving stares I got from these rich people and continued walking, my hold on Dahlia not failing for a second.

Once we were sitted, a waitress walked up to us and did nothing to hide her sexual feelings for Zach, how rude? Zack ordered a Ragú alla bolognese which I figured is an Italian dish.

I've forgotten all about such fancy dishes and I bet if I even ordered it, the prices at the end would kill me. The waitress turned over to me. I better go in for my level. "Uhhh, I'd have some mac 'n cheese."

I turned to Dahlia whose been roaming her big beautiful eyes round this place. "Uhhh, baby, what do you wanna eat?"

She looked over at me, thinking. "Can I have whatever you're having?" I nodded and smiled at her. Thank goodness she didn't order a lot.

I turned over to the waitress. "She'd have what I'm having."

Once she left, Zach gave me a weird look. "They've got the best carbonara, you know? You could order that instead of some dumb mac 'n cheese."

I rolled my eyes. 'It's not like I work in a bank to have the money to pay for this.' I muttered under my breath but unfortunately for me, he heard.

He scoffed. "Who said anything about you paying? I'm paying okay?"

I was about to protest when he diverted his attention to my daughter. "Dahlia baby, do you like birthdays?"

Dahlia's eyes lighted up and she nodded excitedly. "Is it your birthday today?"

He laughed at her childish excitement and I couldn't hold back my smile. "Nope. But its my grandma's birthday on Sunday and I want both you and your mommy to be there with me. There'll be lots of fun and food."

What the hell? Did Zach just take advantage of Dahlia to get me going to his grandma's birthday. Why didn't he ask me first?

"Really?" Dahlia was having more attention during this lunch than me, the real one who was invited.

Are you jealous of your baby?

"Yes sweetie. You'd also make new friends and there'll be lots of ice cream too."

Dahlia's excitement was aggravating as she turned to me, all 20 teeth showing with those innocent eyes. "Can we go mommy?"

She put on that puppy dog smile. How on earth do I say no to this? "Fine, but we'd be there only for an hour."

"No problem mommy. Thank you. Zach did you hear that? We're coming for your grandma's birthday party."

Zach smiled at her and gave me a nervous smile. "Thanks."