🌹Chapter 23🌹

IAN'S POV

Luck was on my side.... the moment i reached the school, i saw Andrea. She was friends with Tori back in high school and always rooted for the two of us. She was beyond excited to see me after so many years. The cute young brunette from high school had grown so big. Apparently, she is a teacher in the pre school and  had stayed back after classes to get some work done. That's why i was lucky enough  to see her. When she inquired about what i was doing in a pre school,  i honestly did not know what to say. I scratched my forehead.

"Wait....Do you have a child enrolled here?" She asked with so much enthusiasm.

Yes.

Its not necessarily a 'yes'. I mean I'm not exactly sure.

"Oh my goodness. So you finally had a kid with my friend. Where is she? I'm so excited to see her." She came to a conclusion on her own and was so happy. I didn't have the heart to correct her so i left her to her previous conclusion and iust simply answered her question.

"Uhh....Tori is just around. You'll probably see her when she comes to drop off the baby tomorrow. " Don't judge me cause I'm technically not lying. I'm just answering her questions.

"Yayyy! I really can't wait to see her. Its been almost four? Five years? Ever since I left for Canada, i haven't spoken to her. She was off social media for like.... eternity." Andrea said sadly.

Wait! So i was not the only one who tried to get in touch with Tori but couldn't? I even thought she deliberately cut me off.

Don't flatter yourself buddy, now you know she cut off connection with everyone. The question now is,  why? Why did she do it?

"What grade is your child in? Girl or boy? I'm just really excited to meet your child Ian." Andrea beamed in excitement.

Okay, i don't know how to answer that. But fuck it! "Its a girl, and she's called Dahlia. A curly haired angel. She's the replica of Tori."

You're still not sure. And Tori would be super pissed bruh!

The way Andrea's eyes lit up, i knew she knew the child. "Oh my goodness! Dahlia is your daughter? She's in my class. She started today. She's so adorable. Oh fucking Tori, she dint even tell me."

Dude, what have you gotten yourself into? If Tori finds out, she'll skin you alive. And to think she already hates you for a reason you don't even know.

Okay, my subconscious mind is totally right. What did i just do? And there's no way to reverse the situation. This is not like my work. There's no damage control now! I panicked. I had to leave immediately. "Uhh...Andrea, I'll come see you tomorrow,  right now, i have to go, okay?"

"I totally understand. Family matters. Please say hi to Tori and Dahlia for me. And make sure Tori comes tomorrow. I really want to see her." Andrea pleaded with me.

If only you knew, Andrea. If only you knew.

****

The next day, as expected, i watched from my car as Tori hugged and kissed Dahlia, hesitating to let Dahlia go. I had to act fast before Andrea comes and tells Tori about our meeting yesterday. I got off my car and walked towards them. Since Tori was backing me, only Dahlia could see me and the wheels in her little mind started spinning, causing Tori to look back and see me.

Honestly, my heart skipped in fear, and added to the angry look on Tori's face, i knew i had fucked up big time. God, please don't let Andrea say a word from yesterday.

As if God was against me, Dahlia ran over to Andrea, hugged her and went to class and Andrea  walked over to us with a happy smile

Andrea was  so happy to see her friend and I could see the wheels in Tori's mind spin. She kept glaring at me. When Andrea spoke abput Dahlia being our child, Tori tensed up and glared at me even more. She stuttered for a while, then excused herself and left.