Chapter III: Hunting Trip

It was the middle of the day, and Y/N was checking in on Danse in the barn nearby.

Danse had been in camp when the massacre happened, so he was safe, but he had nothing in the camp to make any food.

Y/N: "How ya holdn' up?"

The moonshiner upsettingly scoffed.

Danse: "Like shit on the wall. I have twelve people to feed, and all we have is a couple cans of fruit and a mangled rabbit."

He was refering to the rabbit Red mistakingly ran over with the war-wagon.

Y/N: "Didn' you order supplies before we left?"

Danse: "I did, but because of the bullshit that got kicked up in Glenvale, I wasn't able to pick them up."

He said angerly as he grabs a stew pot and set it over an open fire.

Y/N: "Well, when bounty hunters ambush our gang, shoppn' trips needs ta be cut short. We'll suvive, we always have."

Y/N tried to lighten the mood with a joke.

Y/N: "If all else fails, we'll just eat Max. He's the fattest outta all of us."

This doesn't seem to affect Danse, however, as he didn't even respond to it.

Danse: "I sent Jaylen and Chris out there, and they found nothing."

Y/N: "Jaylen's moar of a HEAD hunter then an animal one. Chris is a dumbass. Unless those mountins full of creatures that're .50 cal ball resistent, no wonder they-"

Y/N was interupted by a voice all too familiar.

Blood Eagle: "If it'll shut you up Danse, I'll get you some deer."

Both Danse and Y/N jumped at the sudden appearence of the Native American dog.

Dance: "You only have one horse, how are you going to more then that in deer?"

Blood Eagle looked at Y/N, biting her lip as he looks back at her. He sighs, knowing what she wants.

Y/N: "Fahne...I'll go huntn' with 'chu."

Blood Eagle smiles when she hears his responds. They turn to leave, but Danse stopped them.

Danse: "Wait. If you're going out there, you'll need some food."

Danse tossed Y/N one of the cans of fruit. Unsure of what the hell it was, so he read the dried out lable.

Y/N: " 'Big Valley Pineapples: a taste of sunshine in every bite. Expires 1895'."

He looks at Danse in a disapointed frown.

Y/N: "Dirt would be healthier then this shit."

Y/N left with out a second thought, as he was about to mount Silva(the Black Chestnut Thoroughbred), but Red stopped him.

Red: "Naw, you've used her enough times now."

Y/N: "But I only rode her once."

Red: "Way moar then enough times."

Y/N knew Red wasn't having it, but he had no horse. The one he did have died during the Glenvale escape.

Y/N: "Just this once? It'll get her movn' at least."

Red scowled at him before sighing, knowing Y/N had him beat.

Red: "Fine, but you really needa get a horse of your own."

And with that, Y/N and Blood Eagle set off in the rain, which has been slowly letting up more and more.

~thirty minutes later~