Chapter V: The New Cowboy

Arizona had just woked up from his slumber to be greeted with a windchester barrel to his face by two racoon furries.

Sly: "Wha'chu doin' hare?"

Arizona: "I was just camping, didn' know this was private property."

Sly: "It ain't. But we're takn' this spat. So clare out."

Nate: "Hold up there Sly. He may not have to leave."

Nate had just arived on his pure black arabian that had a long jagged scar across its belly where lightning stuck her.

Nate: "You seem to know your way around some theft. You an outlaw?"

Arizona: "I did not steal these items!"

Nate: "Really? Where'd ya buy 'em?"

Arizona: "In town, up the road aways."

Nate: "That's a nonfurry town. Lie to me again."

Arizona couldn't. He knew he had been bested. Nate simply nodded and helped the wolf furry up.

Nate: "What's your name?"

Arizona: "Red. Arizona Red."

Nate: "Well Arizona, we're the Damned Posse. We always help Furries and Humans in need. You wanna join us?"

Arizona: "Sorry, but I'm not leaving my family."

Nate: "Well, we have a family in our gang, and they're in the safest possable spot. So, if we ride with you to them, will you join us? We need the numbers and you need the supplies. The way I see it, we can both help each other."

Arizona thought long and hard, but eventually agreed to join them. Nate had Red and Y/N help Arizona get his family, which is a little ways north of Limpany, the town just a little north of Horseshoe Overlook.

Red: "You shoar you wanna run with sum outlawed Furries n' 'No-Furs'?"

Arizona: "My father was an outlaw. Way I see it, it runs in the fam-"

Y/N: "What is it?"

The two humans looked in the directions the wolf furry was looking at to see black smoke, thick and poisoning the sky.

Arizona: "...THAT'S WHERE MY FAMILY IS!!!"

He suddenly bolted towards the smoke, Y/N and Red struggling to keep up. When they got there, the whole property was engulfed in flames. The Wolf couldn't do nothing but fall to his knees and cry.

Red: "My god..."

Y/N was fairly unaffected. He was desensitized from death and despair, although he'd never said why. Red tried to comfert Arizona, but to no avail.

Red: "...I'm sorry partner..."

Arizona: "I need some time alone..."

Red: "Well...you kno where to fand us..."

The two outlawed Humans then leave the Wolf to himself. While they ride back to camp, they talked about the past week.

Red: "Still tho, I can't believe that Nate shot a kid."

Y/N: "Well, I wasn' there. So I can't really say anything about it."

Red: "Wha were you an' Finnegan doin' anyhow?"

Y/N: "We were doing our own job. Was gonna pay purty good. Then we heard that gun faght in Gelnvale, then...well, here we are."

Red: "Well, 'least we're okay."

Y/N: "Whatever chu say."

After awhile, they made it back to camp, which was already set up. When Y/N hitched the horse he was using, Blood Eagle latched onto his arm and hugged him tightly.

Blood Eagle: "I missed you."

Y/N: "I was goan for 20 minites..."

Blood Eagle: "Felt longer then that."

Y/N was confused on why she was acting this way. He just past it off as her being over protective as always. He then asked where his tent was. He was directed to his spot on the edge of a cliff with a pretty view of the sunset.

Snow: "We figured you and Blood Eagle would like to sleep togather, so we put her stuff with yours."

Y/N: "I appreciate that."

Snow: "You better. Most of your stuff from Glenvale got saved."

Y/N: "Yeah. Everything 'part from my muneh."

Snow: "And?"

Y/N: *Sigh*"We can always make moar."

Snow: "That's what I thought."

Jake: "Mommy? I'm hungery..."

Snow: "Well, let's go get you some food. I'm sure Danse has somthin'."

Snow went to feed Jake while Y/N and Blood Eagle cuddled under their tent and watched the sun set.

Blood Eagle: "Hey, we're going to be okay Y/N."

Y/N: "Yeah, I kno..."

Y/N said that to not only let Blood Eagle have have her moment, but to also keep his spirits up. They'll stay hidden. For how long, remains to be told.

~two weeks later~

After waking up from a rough night with Blood Eagle, Y/N wrote in his journal to keep a record about his journey from his father's death to the most recent storm. After writing in it, he got up to start his day. Finnigan then handed Y/N a cup of coffee, and told him that Sly, Red, and Chris were in town and that he should check up in them.

Seeing that he didn't have a horse, Y/N also decided to get one while he was in town. He walked to Limpany, which was roughly a 20 minute walk from where they were at, and he went to the saloon once he got there as that's where he figured they were at. And sure enough, they were.

Chris: "Oye, Y/N, quiero que conozcas a mi nuevo amigo."*Chuckles*

Red: "He want ya to meet this nice lady."

Y/N(uninterested): "Pleased to meet ya."

Prositute: "The pleasure is all mine hansome~"

Y/N: "So, how much did you charge my friend here anyway?"

Prositute: "Well, that ain't no way to talk to a lady."

Y/N: "Oh, well I did kno I was talkin' to a LADY."

The woman then left in a huff while Chris complained. Red and Y/N just ignored him and Y/N noticed that someone was missing.

Y/N: "Where's Sly?"

Red: "Ohh-oh gawd. I DREAD to think abou' it."

Chris: "Ahi esta."

The trio turned around to see the racoon Furry walk into a patron and Sly gets pissed. They end up pushing each other and call each other racial names all while the whole saloon watches.

Y/N: "Hey Sly! Ya gonna punch tha' guy or kiss him?"

*PUNCH*

Red: "AND WE HAVE AN ANSWER!!"*breaks bottle over patron's head*

The whole Saloon broke out into a brawl as Y/N, Sly, Red, and Chris nearly took out the whole Saloon. There was some close calls from the others, but Y/N helped them out. They were promtly kicked out of the Saloon on the terms that Sly couldn't come back due to him being a Furry. Though Sly wanted to object, he had no say in such a strict town. They all headed back to camp while Y/N bought a new horse. He had three options to choose from, but he couldn't pick one easily.

~TO BE CONTINUED~

im tired. Its 2 in the mornibg. Gn, gm whaever. Bye