Chapter VI: Interupted Fishing Trip

Y/N settled on Grimm and once he saddled him up, he rode back to camp. When he got back, he was the center of attention for a little while. Near the end of the day, the gang liked to tell stories about their past or maybe a song or two. And with Arizona being apart of the gang, a new trove of stories were waiting to be opened up.

Arizona: "I don't know..."

Red: "Com'on! It can't be tha' bad."

Arizona: "Mnahhh..."

Jake: "Pwease?"

Arizona: "Well, I can't say no to a face like that."

He picked up a gutair nearby and sat back down. He went on to do a warm up and tuning it. He then started to sing a song known by everyone in camp.

Arizona: "To the town of Agua Fria, rode a stranger one fine day. Hardly spoke to folks around him, didn't have too much to say. No one dared to ask his business, no one dared to make a slip. For the stranger there among 'em had a big iron on his hip."

Camp: "Big iron on his hiiiiiip."

Arazona: "It was early in the mornin' when he rode into town. He came ridin' from the south side, slowly lookin' all around. "He's an outlaw, loose and runnin'", came a whisper from each lip. "He's here to do some business with the big iron on his hip.'"

Camp: "Big iron on his hiiiiiip."

Arizona: "In this town there lived an outlaw by the name of Texas Red. Many men had tried to take him and that many men were dead. He was vicious and a killer, though a youth of twenty-four. And the notches on his pistol numbered one and nineteen more."

Camp: "One and nineteen moooooorre."

Arizona: "Now the stranger started talkin', made it plain to folks around. Was an Arizonia ranger, wouldn't be too long in town. He came there to take an outlaw back alive or maybe dead. Said it didn't matter, he was after Texas Red."

Camp: "After Texas Reeeeeeed."

Arizona: "Wasn't long before this story was relayed to Texas Red. But the outlaw didn't worry, men that tried before were dead. Twenty men had tried to take him, twenty men had made a slip. Twenty-one would be the ranger with the big iron on his hip."

Camp: "Big iron on his hiiiiiiip."

Arizona: "The mornin' past so quickly, it was time for them to meet. It was twenty past eleven when they walked out in the street. Folks were watchin' from their windows, every body held their breath. They knew this handsome ranger was about to meet his death."

Camp: "About to meet his deaaaaaath."

Arizona: "There was forty feet between them when they stopped to make their play. And the swiftness of the Ranger is still talked about today. Texas Red had not cleared leather for a bullet fairly ripped. And the ranger's aim was deadly, with the big iron on his hip."

Camp: "Big iron on his hiiiiiip."

Arizona: "It was over in a moment and the folks had gathered 'round. There before them lay the body of the outlaw on the ground. Oh, he might have gone on livin', but he made one fatal slip. When he tried to match the ranger with the big iron on his hip."