{14}

Lilith Swan

After the late-night discussion at the Cullen's the patrols had begun around the house. Aside from the pleasant visits from Rose and Emmett it had become all too suffocating. Apart from Jacob, I didn't know a single one of the wolves which made it all the worse knowing they were constantly surveying the house. The discomfort slowly began to creep over Felix leaving him frustrated and irritable at both the Cullens and the Quilleutes. Bella on the other hand was thriving under the attention. Who, despite claiming to be 'Switzerland' to their world war was practically beaming. She had Edward, Alice, Carlisle and Esme in one hand. Just waiting for the days of her eternal youth and Jacob in the other. Though whether she would acknowledge the irate looks from every other supernatural being around her was yet to be discovered. 

Jacob came with his own bag of problems almost as bad as Bellas. The sixteen-year-old boy, which was already problematic in itself, was now short-tempered and throwing tantrums in between his pining. He seemed okay sometimes by himself but the second he was in the presence of my sister he became utterly unbearable. 

Felix and I were 'invited' i.e forced over to the Cullen's house to further investigate the current issue in Seattle. As we walked into the living room the echo of the news report was the only thing that could be heard.

"Seattle is in a state of terror. Police are baffled by the escalating murders and disappearances. Theories range from a vicious new gang to a wildly active serial killer reporting live Don Shebae CNN" The tv was abruptly interrupted by Carlisle turning it off alongside the arrival of Edward and Bella.

"It's getting worse. We're going to have to do something" Carlisle explained, voice thick with apprehension and regret.

"It takes more than one of our kind to cause the damage they're reporting. Quite a few more and they're undisciplined, conspicuous" Jasper explained, now clearing up the reason for us being here.

"It's newborns" Edward stated.

"What, like new vampires?" Bella scoffed like she wasn't the reason for this problem.

"In the first few months after the change" Edward began but awkwardly trailed off like he was saying something he shouldn't.

"It's when we're at our most uncontrollable. Vicious. Insane with thirst" Jasper finished. It was like he was subconsciously trying to sway Bella off her immortal quest. From what few interactions I've had with Jasper, he also seems to side with Rose in regards to Bella's want of being a vampire. He only really agrees at face value because it's what his wife wants.

"Something to look forward to" Emmett smirked, eyes full of mischief.

"Nones trained these newborns, but this isn't random" Jasper continued.

"Someone's creating an army" Carlisle stated, though by this point it was obvious, we knew about Victoria but unfortunately we only knew little about Riley. "From what we know, Victoria must really be avoiding Alice's visions and she's acting a lot smarter than what we have previously given her credit for" The regret further sinking into his voice.

"Now we're definitely going to Seattle" Emmett jumped up smile even wider on his face.

"An army of vampires" Bella asked now fully intrigued. Maybe she thinks she can 'accidentally' get turned in the battle. Wouldn't surprise me if she did, she's disgustingly persistent.

"And they've been created to fight someone" Jasper pointed out. It's almost painfully obvious why Victoria is doing what she is but unfortunately I have found that the Cullen clan collectively share one brain cell that's usually being used by Rose, and she's not here right now.

"We're the only clan even close to Seattle" Edward looked perplexed and mildly constipated. It wasn't a very good look on him.

"Regardless of why they were made, if we don't put a stop to them the Volturi will. I'm surprised they've let it go on this long" Carlisle nervously shifted his eyes over to Felix for the briefest of seconds, not wishing to push the executioner's buttons.

"Maybe they're behind it. In Italy, I read Aro's mind. He wants me and Alice to join him, he knows we'll never choose him as long as our family's still alive" Edward blurted out as if Felix wasn't stood a mere foot away from him. His stupidity and selfishness was honestly astounding at the best of times, and downright murder worthy at the worst.

"I have personally sent Master Aro a letter explaining in great and extensive detail what has happened here in Forks while you have been involved with Bella" Felix spat out my sister's name like it was acid crawling up his throat. "With both Rosalie, Emmett and Lilith's gift, I gathered the full and complete story of what has happened and have sent the letter off this morning" Felix stood up straighter and tenser with every word being fired and the bronze-haired boy and his once-vibrant crimson eyes slowly meld into deep black with the pent up rage he had been feeling over the last week or so. "Give a few days for the letter to arrive and I am certain Aro will send the guard to deal with it granted they have not been made aware. So I would watch your mouth boy especially with the kinds of acts you have committed here" the last of his words being practically growled out.

"Like?" Edward snarled in retaliation, attempting to size up to Felix.

"Like you killing only one half of a mated pair" and this revelation shot through the room like a bullet. From what Felix has told me, Marcus had enforced a new rule after the death of his mate Didyme. If under any circumstances one had to kill a vampire that you know is mated, you must kill their mate as well. I believe he just wants others to not have to feel his eternal heartbreak. It was near impossible not to feel guilt for the man who was being forced to live.

Felix then turned to face Carlisle, the anger slowly falling off his face to reveal his more stoic nature. "You had better be prepared to kill Victoria Carlisle, this is still a crime you have committed and not the first under your time with Bella Swan" and his words hung heavy in the air.

This was almost defiantly going to come down to a fight, but whether or not it would be Victoria versus the Cullens or Victoria versus the Volturi was yet to be confirmed.

Thank you for reading~