{20}

Lilith Swan

A lot had happened in over a month. Time was moving too all too fast yet not fast enough. It was like being in a strange limbo. Bella and Edward were getting married soon which seemed questionable at best. It also seemed like another excuse for Edward to delay Bella's turning much to everyone's dismay. Bella seemed to agree to his condition in exchange for vampirism, which seems like a poor excuse to get married. She was barely eighteen. Jacob had also gone missing in a temper tantrum causing dad to be overworked now both being the sheriff and trying to find his best friends missing son.

Fortunately, all this drama and preparation gave Garnet enough time to prepare the potion that I asked for, looking down at it now after opening the parcel sent to the house seemed so surreal. The clear glass showed the iridescent liquid, never quite setting down on one particular colour and in my hands radiated power. Getting this had not been easy, requiring not only mine and Garnet's combined efforts but also the help of another witch that Garnet knows. Luckily for me, she also sent over a letter detailing the precautions of the elixir and how to works so that I wouldn't have to memorise all the necessary information.

I can only hope that she likes it.

Setting it hidden away from any prying eyes, I then quickly joined Felix downstairs to head off for the wedding.

Alice had really outdone herself with the decorations, even at the reception the delicate white decorations really brought out the beauty of the Cullen house. Although the venom acting as Felix tears melted a few pairs of deep brown contacts, he had enough spares not to cause anyone at the reception any alarm.

For the most part, we had managed to stay hidden in a corner, partially to hide from my mother but also because we didn't care to talk to anyone aside from Rose and Emmett. I believe we were invited as not to cause suspicion to dad. Bella and I didn't like each other, that much was clear over the few months I had spent in Forks and her not inviting me would have been strange. But we could only stay hidden for so long before the aforementioned couple had spotted us.

"We were wondering where you two had snuck off to. If I have to interact with another human that I could not care less about I will commit a war crime" came Rose's irritated voice and I couldn't help but laugh at her antics. Her sour face softened to a smile as the four of us conversed away from the other guests. But not before long, we were interrupted by an angry female voice. "Why is a member of the Volturi here?". The woman in question was a pale blonde woman with molten gold eyes, so she must be from another 'vegetarian' clan. Based on what little information I know about clans outside of the Cullens and the Volturi, these vampires must be the Denali clan. Bella mentioned them before, but that's about as much as I know about them.

"Well, unless you've committed a crime you have nothing to worry about, anything to admit? if not then you can move along" Felix was was incredibly stern and hinting at sarcastic. Hos once lighthearted and warm eyes had become cold and icy. The clan quickly pulled their coven mate away before anything else could happen but just as Emmett was about to make a comment everyone was called in for the evening speeches.

Some of the words spoken about the 'happy' couple were more than awkward and at points were reeking of insufferable cringe. But for the most part, they seemed genuine, except for Bella's classmate Jessica. At some point in her lengthy monologue I could have won I heard Felix plead for death and being honest with myself, I wasn't too far behind him. Someone made the poor mistake of allowing Emmett to wing his speech, and that was too much power for the man to have. His subtle inside jokes flying over the heads of the more mortal guests causing the already awkward aura of the tables to intensify. Worse though than that someone of this godforsaken planet allowed mother to sing in front of all the guests which left much to be desired. If I had a will to live beforehand it was certainly long gone by now. But thankfully after a few sentimental words from the groom himself, it was over, after a painstakingly and endlessly long time, it was over. It was finally time to send the newlyweds off on their honeymoon for the next two weeks and we could finally go home.

The next day I invited Rose over to the house while dad was out at work, Felix knowing what I have planned went out to hunt so that we could have some privacy, this would be a big deal for Rose. I had the bottle wrapped carefully in a box on my desk as a gift and patiently waited for Rose to arrive, apprehension setting heavy in my gut.

She made herself known as she did every time she came over by appearing seemingly out of nowhere almost giving me a heart attack. "Where's the mountain?" she joked flopping down on my bed and making herself comfortable. "Eating" I replied just as jovial picking up the box and bringing it over to the immortal.

"What's the occasion?" she asked, confusion now thoroughly taking over her being as I handed over the box.

"Open it, let's just say a friend offered a favour and I thought you might like it" One part of me was excited to see her reaction, another was scared she might be offended or put off but I had an opportunity and there would probably never be a chance like this again.

With almost practised precision the blonde opened the box and took the letter off the top, honey eyes scanning over the text almost desperately. "Are you serious? Will this work" She sounded like she was fighting internally between utter disbelief and complete elation.

"As far as we know it should work perfectly, there have only ever been a few instances in history where a dhampir or vampire child has been conceived through the aid of magic, few magic users know of such magic however a witch offered me one favour in exchange for some help. She was taught by a coven that specialised in herbology, apothecaries and potion mastery, although she is solitary now she still keeps in contact with her old friends and her high priestess agreed to help us, I thought you might like something like this". Before I could say anything else I was pulled into a tight embrace, the woman in question was dry sobbing in happiness at the news.

Rosalie Hale could finally have a child.

Thank you for reading~