New Generation.

Duncan's P.O.V

I was just a young boy around 5 or 8 I didn't know what was going on in my family mother and my father Rasco were always out I sworn they been out every single night. As they did that I was stuck with my grandmother she was a sweet lady she cared for me like I was her own.

She did everything a mother is suppose to do when my mother was trying to do the same thing I didn't like it she did it differently than grandmother. But I pretended that I like it. One day when mother was home she spend her time with me even played with me, that was the best day ever. "Momma how come you and daddy always leave....I hate when y'all do that...I miss you guys..." I was sitting or laying on my mother looking down pouting my bottom lip she was rubbing my head running her fingers through my hair. "Sweetie mommy and daddy are busy were working a lot and of course we miss you so much Dunny I hate being away from you but were doing everything we can to help you and the family. We aren't gonna leave you baby were just busy..." when she told me that I just shook my head yes...I couldn't understand what she was saying or talking about.

"I'll tell you what how about...one day me, you, and your father go out to spend the day together how's that sound?" I turned to my mother and smiled hugging her tightly shaking my head very excitingly. I made her pinky promise me on it too she giggled wiggling her nose against mine then hugging me tightly while rocking me. I started to fall asleep in her arms our maid Ms. Annie picked me up and started to carry me off till my mother told her that she will do it. Ms. Annie agreed and handed me to her she carried me to my room stroking my hair and humming in my ear before laying me down.

"Goodnight my sweet prince." I didn't hear it but i knew I smiled when she said it.

The next day I woke up it was Christmas the best holiday ever but this one was a sad one. My grandmother was sickly she couldn't come down to see her gifts, so I started to take her gifts till the maid took them away. "No no child I'll take them to her you go on and open your presents ya hear?" Ms. Annie was a sweet lady I shook my head and walked back to the room where mother and father were sitting on the floor smiling and laughing they seen me in the door my father looked at me an smiled opening his arms I ran to him and hugged him tight he got up and picked me up showing me the tree, "Son I want you to have something he kneeled down grabbing a gift he handed it to me telling me to open it I did and he pulled the hat out for me it was one of his own hats I smiled and gasped putting it on my head but it was a little to big but I didn't care I hugged him ahain saying thank you and showing mother the hat too.

She smiled and got up holding her stomach and walked over kissing both her men as she tells us I smiled but was curious why mother was holding her stomach, "Momma why are you holding your stomach? You have a stomach ache?" She chuckled, "No sweetie mommy is having a baby you might have either a baby brother or sister.

I looked confused but then again I smiled I didn't understand but I didn't care. I was gonna be a big brother even though I had a brother...my big brother Trent he was 15 he was helping my father moving boxes into the business he worked at but he was killed during a drive by. I didn't know him well but momma told me he always played with me when I was little.

After the happy moment it soon turned said when Ms. Annie ran in out od breath crying daddy putted me down asking what happened Ms. Annie told he while crying that my grandmother had passed my mother held me tightly as tears ran down her face, "Momma why are you crying?" I wiped her tears away she told.me that my grandmother went to a special place in the sky I didn't understand but I had a bad feeling she wasn't with us anymore I started to cry and layed my head on her shoulder my father kneeld down an hugged us both kissed momma on her hat then mine.

A few days later we had her funeral she was in a white dress laying in a black casket. Mother said she looked beautiful and so peaceful. When we were laying her in the ground I never felt so sad.

A month later my birthday was coming up but my mother wouldn't be able to celebrate it she was in the hospital that day she was gonna be there for awhile the baby was coming I hoped for a little sister but then dad wanted a boy so some kind of tradition can continue I didn't know why but I went along with him.

And soon enough it was a baby girl dad wasn't proud it was a boy but was happy it was a girl now mom could take care of her while dad was gonna teach me how the tradition works. I hope I could accomplish whatever it was.

Years later..

I am 18 and already working with my father with the mafia but I had to go to school...never was really a fan of it but if I'm going to be smart I need it even if I hate it. When we arrived at the school I already didn't like it, we walked in and people stared at me and my little sister that was in dad's arms my hat was bent to cross half the view.

We walked to the office when a middle-aged woman came out and greeted us she looked like them old grumpy kind of women I didn't like her but she doesn't know that. Her voice was annoying like she smoked two or three packs everyday. "Hello Mr. Rodreguiz welcome to Wawanakwa High we are the top notch school here in Toronto, but we have rules and no hats is one of them and you will also have to wear a uniform but just for you we have one ready." She told.me I sworn I smelt smoke but I didn't flinch.

She led me to her office she showed me the uniform I admit it wasn't to nice it was a white long sleeve button up shirt with khakis and a blue vest. The clothes I didn't like them but I was only worried about school which I know is weird but hell I'm ready to work with my father and help take over the mafia.

When I changed into my uniform I flipped my collar up and rolled up my sleeves I walked out with my old outfit and handed them to my father's bodyguard Bruce. The woman I'm guessing the principal had a disgusted look on her face when I walked out my father smirked at my appearance. "You look like a hoodlum Rodreguiz straight up or you'll be forced." The woman said my father cleared his throat as he walked over to her she seemed scared a little he whispered in her ear she shook her head understanding the consequences.

After that I walked out and kneeld down hugging my little sister Lily she looked sad but I cheerd her up tickling her. She giggled and told me bye I stood and hugged my father telling him I'll make him proud. Out the corner of my eye I saw a girl.

No girl has ever caught my eye I turned my head a little she looked back at me and blushed I smirked when she turned away. My father saw this and told me not to get that distracted I shook my head as I looked back at them. He also told me that his meeting with the Barrlows so he'll be late picking me up.

After he left I looked over to the same girl she was still there I walked over I cleared my throat, "Excuse me! Hello I was wondering can one of you ladies help me know my way around the school?" The girls blushed and giggled then that same girl spoke up. "I can help you..." she blushed as she looked up at me like a little child I smiled and let her show me around.

"So what's your name I might ask?" She asked me as she and I walked around I hesitated a bit but I told her, "Duncan, Duncan Rodreguiz, you?" She blushed and said it quietly, "Courtney....Courtney Barrlow." I stopped in my tracks and looked at her shocked she stopped ahead of me.

"You say Barrlow?" She shook her head slowly with a scared look I noticed and reassured her everything is ok. She asked why I said her last name like that I regained my wording and told her that I thought she was a famous person. She giggled when I said that I thought to myself nice save Casanova.