Part 3

You return to the parking lot and trade the drive for an envelope of money.

"It's all in cash?" you raise your eyebrows.

He nods, "Makes it harder to track than if I transferred it online."

"Fair point."

You take out the money and count it. Once you make sure Kuroo didn't take a few yen off the top you put it back in the envelope and clear your throat, "If you don't need anything else I'll be on my way."

"Actually, I need you to come back to my base and help analyze this," he waves the hard drive around. "It'd be helpful to have someone that was actually there."

You stare at him for a moment, "Do you think I'm dumb?"

He chuckles softly, a melodic laugh that you wouldn't mind hearing again. Wait-. Where did that come from? You shake your head, clearing the thought.

"No?" Kuroo says, misinterpreting the head shake.

"No, that's not what I mean," you say, quickly. "I was-," You take a deep breath, you were getting too flustered, "Don't worry about it."

He smirks and you glare back, "Alright, then I'm assuming you're coming?"

You gape at him for a moment and then sigh, "Fine."

At least you could scout out their base and hopefully cause some trouble.

~

Kuroo leads you through the streets of Tokyo. You complain about having to walk, but then he tells you that it will draw less attention so you decide to shut up. As you near Nekoma's base Kuroo starts being more cautious.

Understandable. You think.

Once he's sure you aren't being followed he opens a door to a giant mansion disguised as an industrial building.

"Yeah, a lot less conspicuous," you mutter.

Kuroo ignores you and whistles a tune. You turn to him with your face scrunched up from confusion.

"Code tune to let the rest know it's me," he explains.

You nod and turn back to find ten or so men walking down the grand staircase and line up for Kuroo. Though you don't show it on your face you feel like laughing. There's an impossibly tall man with silver hair that dwarfs the two beside him. One has bleached ends and a bored face. The other is the smallest and is openly glaring at the tall one. 

"Alright!" Kuroo calls out. "This is... actually I have no idea what your name is."

You pull your attention away from the trio, realizing that he's talking to you.

"Uh," you sigh, figuring it wouldn't hurt. "Y/n L/n."

"THIS IS Y/N L/N!" Kuroo finishes, practically yelling.

The shorty with the bleached ends grunts, "Shut up before you break my eardrums."

"AND THAT'S KENMA!" he continues, not bothering to lower his voice, "AND LEV AND YAKU AND...," he goes off point at his people one by one.

You sigh with annoyance, wondering if this is how it is every day. Uncomfortable with the atmosphere you tap on Kuroo's shoulder.

"I'm going to go if you're just gonna do this."

"I'm introducing everyone to you, like how not rude people do."

You scoff at this, "Yeah, well like I said before we're in the mafia business. In case I have to spell it out for you I don't care about feelings."

"Fine," he rolls his eyes. "I was just trying to be polite."

"I don't care about that either."

He grunts in return, "Fine, whatever. Then let's get this over with."

You raise your eyebrow and tense up.

"Relax," he chuckled. 

That chuckle.

"I'm just going to ask you a question," he continues. "Do you... want to join our mafia gang?"

"Huh?" 

Something about the words doesn't compute. It goes through one ear and out the other.

"Do you want to be part of our gang, our... family?" he clarifies.

Someone wants me to join their gang?

"Why?"

"Why?" Kuroo repeats. "Because you're not only an amazing asset with awesome skills and-"

"AND KUROO'S IN LOVE WITH YOU!" Yamamoto yells.

You lurch back in surprise, "What?" You look frantically back and forth between Yamamoto and Kuroo.

"The two idiots with idiot hairstyles," you hear Kenma mutter. "Fighting again, of course."

Kuroo puts Yamamoto in a headlock, "And you're stalking the hacker of Karasuno, so you have no say in this."

"I'm not stalking her, I'm just observing her from afar."

"THAT'S STALKING, YOU IDIOT!"

"What's this about liking me?" you interrupt Kuroo. "Because I swear if you do I'm going to murder you. I have no intention of being with a rooster."

Kuroo rolls his eyes, "Yamamoto's exaggerating, I just like your style."

"Pff," you scoff. "You like my style? I find that hard to believe."

"No, I do, it's... unique."

You snort, "I work alone and I have no desire to even associate myself with idiots and liars."

He sighs with... annoyance? "She thought you'd say that."

"Who?"

In response, a hidden garage door lowers down and a sports car crashes into the room. Kuroo groans when the tires create marks on the crystal floor. The door opens and a tall girl steps out. Her appearance doesn't match the pristine car at all. Her clothes are covered with stains and her dark skin is covered with car grease. Her black and white dreadlocks are pulled into a ponytail. She takes off her sunglasses and surveys the room.

"Sup, assholes. Miss me?"