Part 7

You saunter to Ushijima's, the leader of Shiratorizawa, office. You throw the door open without knocking, "You called, love?"

Ushijima looks you over, "It is standard protocol to knock first."

You mockingly rap your knuckles on the wall behind you, "There."

He sighs with exasperation, "Sit."

You plop down and crack your neck.

"You did a decent job at extracting information from Karasuno, more specifically Ryunosuke Tanaka."

"Decent?" you scoff.

"Yes," he continues. "I want you to extract some information from Fukurodani, but your abilities are not as great as they could be."

"And, what, you can make me better? I only joined because I lost a fight, I didn't come to get schooled by a stone face asshole."

"You lost the fight because you fought someone better, but we can make you top-notch."

You snort, "Alright then, sir. Who do I have the pleasure of being taught by."

"ME!" Tendou pops out from behind Ushijima's chair. "I have the pleasure of teaching you, and we'll make sure you're the best of the best."

~

You and Tendou walk down the hall to the training room. He opens the wooden door to a large room. You step inside and look around. One wall is filled with racks of every type of weapon you can imagine. 

You walk over to the wall and chuckle, "What're we doing today?"

"Well first off," Tendou slides into your vision. "Your form is off, we're going to fix that."

"My form is off? I think it's just not suited for you, love."

"Hm," he smiles. "Get into fighting position then."

You crouch down and raise your fists. Tendou walks around you in a circle. Suddenly, he sweeps his foot towards your leg, you tense, anchoring your feet to the ground. He laughs as his foot collides with your calf and your knee buckles. You fall to the ground with a grunt.

"That is the problem, Y/n," He smiles extending a hand.

You ignore it, pushing yourself up from the floor and glower at him.

"You know, it's not all that intimidating when you're several feet shorter than me."

"Hm," you lift your knee and ram it into his gut. "I don't have to be a hulking giant to hurt people."

He grunts and stumbles back, "Hey! I'm trying to teach you, you shouldn't go around injuring people."

"I'm simply returning the favor, love. You'll survive."

"Alright," he stands up straight. "Let me show you what you're doing wrong."

He gestures for you to go back to your base stance. Once you're there he starts circling you again. You stiffen up, not wanting to get another bruise.

"Relax," he drawls. "I'm not going to kick you again."

After a moment of observing your stance, he steps back, "You're too focused on offense, which is why I can always trap you one way or another." 

You glare at him out of the corner of your eye as he circles around to your other side. 

"Here," he taps your heel. "You're on your toes because you want to jump into the fight. It's sacrificing your defense."

You force your heel down, not realizing that it had been up the whole time. You rock back and forth, getting used to this more stable stance, "Huh."

He smiles, "There are a few more things, and then let's try this new form."

~

Today was exhausting, you were sore everywhere and felt like you had aged ten years. Despite these discomforts, you felt great. After Tendou corrected your fighting everything had seemed so much easier and lighter. Of course, it didn't happen magically. You had about a thousand bruises across your stomach and limbs. You stepped out of the shower feeling fresh and revived. After unwrapping the towel around yourself you throw on a pair of sweatpants and a tank top. You walked down to the dining room with a slight limp.

"Looks like our baby eagle worked hard today," Tendou sung as he leaned against the doorway.

"I'm not your eagle, love," you smirked. "But maybe your baby. We'll see."

"Ooh hoo hoo," he walked over and rested his chin on your head. "I'd like that except I'm already dating."

"Really?" you look up and start playing with his fiery hair. "And who is this lucky person."

"Me," a deep voice behind you said. You look around to see Ushijima looking down at you.

"Really?" you snicker. "And how did someone so boring as you get a bubbly person like Tendou."

"Sometimes it's good to have an anchor for someone crazy," Tendou straightens up and flashes you a smile.

"Alright, alright," you smile, lazily.

"Maybe you'll find someone for you," Tendou tells you before he follows Ushijima into the dining room.

"Pff," you snort. "I would die before I find anyone."