My counterparts bestfriend (Shay x Yuya)

-Yuya's POV-

It's been awhile now since I met Shay Obsidian, Yuto's bestfriend who I've somehow taken interest in. I wonder if Yuto hears my thoughts about Shay since Yuto is apart of me now. He hasn't said anything about it so I assume he didn't hear.

I wonder how he would feel about it if I ended up with Shay... not that he would probably like me back though...

I was hanging out at The Resistances hideout with my friends, including Shay. I wanted to tell him how I felt but I'm nervous about his response and I'm worried about what Yuto would think. It's not like he can stop me.

I nervously approached Shay who was leaning against the wall on the other side of the room. I looked into his beautiful yellow eyes that I lost myself in whenever I saw him.

"What's up, Yuya?" He asked me.
"I uh- actually, it's nothing..." I said awkwardly while rubbing the back of my head. "Are you sure? You can tell me anything, Yuya" Shay told me.

"Well, I-" I was cut off by Yuto speaking in my head. "Why are you being so awkward with Shay?" He asked. I ignored him.

"Yuya?" Shay spoke with a concerned look on his face. "I uhm.. have to go!" I said before dashing out the front doors and sitting down on the stone steps.

"What was that all about?!" Yuto asked in my head. "Don't worry about it, Yuto... it's none of your concern" I told him. "Are you serious? Somethings been up with you lately" He said.

I sighed and rested my head on my hand. Suddenly I heard someone approaching from behind me.

"Yuya? What's going on?" Shay asked.
"It's nothing, Shay..."
He then sat down next to me and put his hand on my face and turned my head to face him.

"I can tell that it's not nothing by the way that your acting right now" Shay said "Please, just tell me, Yuya"

"I'm not sure if I'm ready to..." I said staring at the steps down in front of me. "Ready to?! What could you possibly be so nervous to tell SHAY??" Yuto asked in my head.

"Shut up, Yuto!" I said out loud making Shay look even more concerned. "What's he saying?" Shay asked. "He's just being annoying" I told him folding my arms.

"Anyway, why is this something you need to prepare yourself to say to me?" He asked. "I don't know... it's just kind of embarrassing..." I told him.
"Embarrassing, how?" Shay asked.

"It just is" I sighed. "It's okay, I don't care if it's anything embarrassing. Just tell me, And whatever it is I won't judge you" He said. "Hm, okay then..."

Shay looked at me, waiting for me to tell him what it is. I guess this is it. I'm going to tell Shay how I feel about him.

"I'm..." I took in a deep breath "In love with you, Shay..." I said looking into his eyes. "You what?!" Yuto exclaimed in my head. "Yuya... I..." Shay was in a loss for words. "It's okay if you don't feel the same way..." I said staring at the stairs in front of me again.

Suddenly I felt Shay's hand on the side of my face again moving my face in his direction and before I realized it, our lips were touching. "What the heck?!" Yuto yelled in my head.

We soon pulled away from each other.
"Shay..." I said. "Yuya... I've thought about you the same way for quite awhile now... but I thought I wouldn't say anything since a lot has been going on and I didn't think you'd have time for anything like this" Shay said.

"But I do. I have all the time in the world for you, Shay" I smiled at him and he smiled back before pulling me into his embrace.

I didn't think I'd ever tell him or receive a kiss as a response but I sure felt happy again despite how things are, knowing that the person I was in love with felt the same way about me. Yuto seemed a bit shocked but he didn't say much after Shay and I kissed.

Nothing could ever make me more happier than I am right now. And the same with Shay. He also seemed happier after knowing how I felt. I'm glad I was able to let him know today.