Prologue

Notes:

Cross posted from my AO3 account (fictionlover2021)

Credits to @/allwayswin on twitter for the picture on my cover. Go follow her fan account, if you're a fellow Filo BW. 

Set 7 yrs after Still 2gether (assume that the series happened in 2013-14)

Law school mechanics / lawyer qualifications based on the Philippines' (4 years pre-law, 4 years law school, 1 year review for the Bar exam, then the Bar exam itself). So basically, Tine was taking his pre-law course during the 2gether and Still 2gether series. Hope this clears things up because I'm not quite sure if it's the same for every country. Also, let's just assume that COVID-19 isn't a thing here. LOL. We don't need that kind of chaos here.

___________________________________________________________

November 2021

Sarawat wakes up in a jolt and with a gasp as if he had just been submerged underwater for too long. Perhaps, he has been, considering all that's been going on and missing. Instantly in disarray and breathing heavily, he tries to grasp his surroundings to calm himself.

Penthouse. Bedroom. Big windows. Dawn. King size bed. Blue sheets. Bedside tables. Lamp. Guitar. Music sheets. Vinyl. Vinyl records. Posters. Shelves. Two stuffed dolls. Law books. Ridiculous amount of writing materials. Pictures.

Sarawat's mental list comes to a halt as his eyes lock in on the pictures- photos of him and someone who once occupied the ridiculous enormous bed he has with him. Someone who would have hugged and comforted him by now. Someone who would beg Sarawat to let him sleep for a few more minutes and sleepily ask the former to drive him to law school even when he didn't need any convincing- because he would do it if he could everyday, without fail. Someone who has been on his side since their freshmen year of college. Someone who he never thought that would leave, not in a million years after that fiasco during their first few months together with Mil and Pam...

It's been seven days since Sarawat last saw Tine in person. Seven agonizing days since he last felt the warmth of his nuisance's hug and lips against his. While this is not as long compared to that two-week separation during their sophomore year, the reason behind this one is definitely way worse.

Sarawat sighs and lies down once again. Clutching the pillow beside him and breathing in deeply, Tine's words pierce through his mind, playing like a broken record for the past week.

"This isn't healthy anymore, Wat."

"Are we even still good for each other?"

"You and I have some thinking to do about this. About us."

" This is not... I don't think I--- " Bzzzz. Bzzzz.

Suddenly interrupted in his woe by his vibrating phone, he begrudgingly picks it up from his bedside table and finds a text message from his manager.

P'Air - 5:29 AM
Be ready in an hour.
Today is going to be a jam-packed day, but I made sure to have your night free for that.

Sarawat deeply sighs and proceeds to get up. He's been looking forward to, and at the same time dreading this day. The earlier he wraps everything up, the earlier he can make things right for him and Tine again. Hopefully.

However, unknown to the musician, this day would unexpectedly conclude with enough blood, tears, regrets, and fears to last him a lifetime. 

______________________________________________________

Let me know what you think? 👉 👈