Chapter 3: The Trajectory

Notes: 

This chapter is kind of Wat-centric~Sorry in advance for any major typos, grammatical errors, and inaccurate infos about the artist life. Happy reading! 💖

_______________________________________________

Still October 2020

Sarawat shook hands with all the executives present in the conference room. He had officially just signed a year of his life away to GMMTV Records after a few revisions and negotiations over his contract (courtesy of Tine, of course).

After the photo ops and other formalities, P'Air dragged the musician to a vacant huddle room. "Okay. So first order of business: fix and set up your only social media account which is Instagram." she said as she motioned to give his phone to her.

"What's there to fix though? I haven't really been active since "my fans" went overboard during our junior year." Wat wondered.

"Sheesh, you really have a lot to learn. You're apparently still clueless around tech and social media." P'Air clicked her tongue and shook her head. "But no worries, that's what I'm here for."

Wat chuckled. "I still can't believe you volunteered to be my manager, Phi."

P'Air suddenly stopped tinkering with his phone and looked at him with a small conniving grin. She leaned closer before revealing, "To be honest, the moment I heard you were looking for a job in this industry, I just instantly knew that this is finally my shot at turning you into a star. Not recruiting you during your uni days was one of the biggest regrets in my life, you know."

"At first, I was sort of let down when you only wanted to write and produce, but I had an inkling you'll get noticed again sooner or later. And I was sort of right, two years isn't that long. Also, why did you think I allowed you to accompany other artists in their vocal lessons class? I was basically lowkey grooming you."

"Oh and I actually had a well-detailed plan of showing your potential to the higher ups, but thanks to you performing at the right time and at the right place, you saved me all the trouble." She finished with an innocent smile, as if everything she just mentioned was normal.

Woah. With his mouth agape and eyes widened in utter disbelief, P'Air laughed loudly, almost like a lunatic or a villain whose plan just succeeded. And the thing is, her plan did pan out.

"I don't know if I should be alarmed or be thankful, Phi." He joked.

"You should be grateful, Wat because I'm about to change your life in the best way possible." P'Air said with her eyes glinting and with much determination.

Yep, he's in good hands, all right. No doubt about that.

"So back to business. It's been roughly three days since you went viral. And you're still garnering followers. This is good. This decreases the chance of you being a one hit wonder."

"Oh, and here, check this while I fix your IG. Read over your schedule for the next coming weeks and months. After this, I'll introduce you to our new team. It's not just gonna be me and you in this journey, you know." P'Air handed him a folder.

"Can I send a copy of this to Tine? Just so he's aware of my schedule."

"Oh yeah, sure. I'll email him a digital copy later."

Wat muttered a quick thanks and proceeded to open the folder. He let his eyes skim over its contents. Gulping visibly, he sent a quick prayer to whoever's listening, asking for the strength and enough energy to get through what's about to come.