Chapter 4: The Ataraxia

Notes: Just a heads up that Thai school year ends in February (accdg to google)! I know it's different in every country so I just wanted to let you know to avoid any confusion 😊

You know the drill. Hahaha. Sorry in advance for any major typos, grammar mistakes, and inaccurate infos (suspend thy realism! Lol JK)

Lastly, I might be busy this coming week, so please expect slower updates :(( I hate school, ugh.

Anw, happy reading! 💖

________________________________________________

March 2021

Once P'Air broke the news to the couple, Sarawat pretty much lived in the studio composing and perfecting his song over the next few weeks to that point that his team had to forcefully drag his ass out to take breaks. And while the musician was losing himself to music, Tine was very much drowning as well, but in law school, as his junior year came to an end. If the studio had become Wat's second home, Tine's were coffee shops and libraries with the one-brain-cell gang. It took Wat and his team the rest of February to finish his song. Whereas, it took Tine about thousands of milligrams of caffeine, five packs of index cards, and five highlighters to survive finals season. Needless to say, the couple's time together went basically non-existent.

But now here they were, at Wat's afterparty launch with Tine free from law school (for the meantime), and the singer having just released his first single.

The bar slash club that P'Air chose for the afterparty was fancier and pricier than any club Wat, Tine, and their friends had ever been to. So it goes without saying that they were not going to let the opportunity pass to party like there's no tomorrow for free.

For once, Fong, Ohm, and Phuak were not hitting on girls but were solely dancing and drinking their stress from finals away.

Boss, Pear, and Earn were seated at one of the couches, just drinking and laughing at the boys, along with Phukong and Mil.

On the other hand, Green and Dim, being the Youtubers that they are, were vlogging everything and everyone.

And there's Wat and Tine, at one end of the couch, uncharacteristically showing too much PDA. Well, it was mostly because of Tine having drunk too much alcohol. Wat was merely a willing victim.

"I'm sooo proud of you, Waaat! You. have. noo. idea. I. really. Reaaally. am!" Tine slurred out bit by bit as he placed chaste kisses on Wat's neck. Yep, he's definitely out of it all right.

"Oh really? How proud are you?" Wat played along, having missed pleasant moments like this with his nuisance for the past month.

"Aishh! Saraleo, you're playing with me!" Tine pushed his shoulder to look at him and pouted.

"But do you want me to just show you?" He leaned closer again and temptingly asked. His hot breath brushing against Wat's ear, making the musician's body suddenly hyper aware of every sensation.

Wat eyed Tine intensely, testing to see if the latter was being serious. Tine stared back just as intense, as if he wasn't a blubbering mess seconds ago.

The singer slowly let out a smirk. "We're going home, guys! Tine had too much already!" He announced loudly for their friends to hear.

"Lies! You two are just gonna bone!" Boss screamed back, causing Pear and Earn to laugh.

"You guys go ahead. We're gonna make the most out of all the free drinks." P'Dim said.

"Congratulations to your new single again, Wat!" Green remarked with his infamous high-pitched voice, facing their vlog camera too close to his face.

Wat let out a smile and wai-ed to the camera.

After bidding everyone farewell in the club, he and Tine left the premises but not before hearing Boss holler, "Don't forget to use protection!" 

________________________________________________

"Ai, Wat wait a second!" Tine breathlessly broke their heated kiss.

"Sheesh, what now?" Wat sulked as he moved away from Tine.

"I have something to show you." Tine giddily said, as if he did not just seduce the singer to go home early.

"Alaiii? You said you'd show me how proud you are." Tugging his nuisance's waist closer, but Tine broke away and ran to their closet.

"Ai, Tine! I'm not really in the mood to do it in a cramped space. Can we---oomf!" Wat was suddenly taken aback by the weight of what Tine had just placed in his hands. He looked down to see that it was a big box wrapped with craft paper.

Tine dragged him to sit on their bed. "Open it!"

"You didn't have to get me anything, little buffalo." Wat started, already feeling warm inside.

"I know, but I wanted to."

Wat began to rip the wrapper. It was a vinyl player.

"This isn't really much, considering how much you're earning now, but you've always wanted to have one of this right?" Tine explained, suddenly a bit insecure of his gift choice.

Wat gently placed the player beside him and pulled his boyfriend into a tight hug.

"It's more than enough. Thank you." He softly whispered. Yup, he was all mushy now.

Tine returned the hug, inhaling Wat's scent deeply. "You're always welcome."

"Now, open it all the way! I think there's something else inside."

"Huh? There's more?"

Wat found a vinyl record inside the player. He looked at Tine curiously, "What record is this?"

"Why don't you let it play to find out?"

Tine patiently waited for the musician to set the vinyl player, eager to see how his reaction would be.

As the first notes of his first single Kan Goo played, Wat swiftly turned to look at Tine with an absolute surprise and happiness etched on his face.

"Wha- How-" He stuttered, still in disbelief and getting teary-eyed.

"I secretly asked P'Air for help in having this made. As of today, you and I are the only one with a vinyl record copy of your first single."

"You being you, I know that you might find this narcissistic to have..." Tine sat beside Wat on the floor and looked at him straight in the eyes, "...but know that you more than deserve a reminder of your achievements, Wat."

Brushing and kissing some of Wat's tears away, Tine continued "It's never vain to display and flaunt what you've worked so hard for."

"I'm so happy seeing you happy and succeeding, Wat. I feel honored being by your side on this journey. And above all, thanks for granting me the privilege of loving you."

Wat slowly closed his eyes and pressed his forehead against Tine, placing his hand on the latter's bicep, squeezing it lightly. Such act was enough for Tine to know that the former was too overwhelmed to speak right now and he didn't mind. Wat, despite being technically a poet, had always been a man who spoke with his actions instead of words when it came to their relationship. And Tine would not trade it for the world, not now, not ever.

"The record is more of a gift for you than mine, to be honest." Wat said softly as the song came to an end.

Tine broke into a loud laugh, not hearing any lies. Wat hugged him once again, burying his face on the crook of the other person's neck, still feeling emotional. Tine returned the hug, drawing comforting patterns on the latter's back. Reflecting on the busy month they both faced lately, he sent a quick thanks to the cosmos that he and Wat were now in each other's arms, in tranquility. And Tine had just decided that this moment was worth adding to the things he would never trade for the world. Not now, not ever.

________________________________________________

Notes: 

Sorry for that poor attempt of making Tine seductive. I don't know shizz about writing smut and sexy times :( LOL

Let me know what you think? 👉👈