Chapter 12: The Wistful Blues

November 2021 // 5 days after Tine left Sarawat

The sounds coming from the television went from Tine's one ear out to the other as he let a random show play in the background, too absorbed at the papers in front of him. It was the investigation report for Sarawat's case, to be precise. The case that the singer and everyone who knew about it had hidden from him for more than a month or so. The case that Sarawat foolishly thought shouldn't involve him in any way, shape, or form. The very case that unconsciously caused them a multitude of pain, anxiety, and worry.

Not wanting to feel his anger resurge, Tine forced to steer his thoughts away from his boyfriend's inane and reckless act. He couldn't do much about the case besides wait for the police to catch the hater or "stalker", but he kept on reviewing the report anyway.

"Tine..." He vaguely heard Type draw out which he answered absently with a hum. The brothers were currently in their childhood home, an hour away from central Bangkok. A rare occurrence for the past seven years, considering both of them have partners and homes of their own already. Also because the older brother now permanently resided in Chiang Mai, at least for the time being, that is.

"For the past five days I've been here, all you ever do is read that in your free time." Type pointed out, pulling Tine from his engrossment over the report. "Oh, sorry Phi."

The law student didn't expect time to fly by so quickly, considering he was away from Sarawat and they were not on the best terms. His week had been uneventful to an extent. He kept himself occupied by fixing things that needed repairing around the house and often accompanied his mom running errands. At night, he and the singer would talk over the phone, updating and reassuring one another subtly that this was not their demise.

Type had been nothing but a patient brother by not interrogating him, and giving him space to gather his bearings. However, Tine had been delaying the inevitable conversation for too long apparently.

"You know you can talk to me, right?"

"I know..."

"Then why haven't you yet?"

"Because you rarely visit and I didn't want our problems to dampen your stay..."

"Well, you already made my husband stay with Sarawat and you're always hunched over that report, so I don't think you can spoil it any further." Type shrugged as he sassily retorted back, making Tine pout. "Alai? You're the one who persuaded Man to accompany Wat in the first place!"

"Only cause I know you were already thinking about it the moment you called us saying not to tell Mom and Dad why Wat didn't come along. Nice quick thinking, by the way. Family only week, huh? I guess law school really does pay off." Tine was swift to hush his brother as he cranked his head to check if their mother was anywhere near them. Seeing that the coast was clear, he turned his attention to a non-existent lint on his shorts, sighing. "I just didn't want them to worry. They might get the wrong idea, if I tell the truth."

"Sheesh, you're so out of it. Mom went out with her friends an hour ago and Dad won't be home til dinnertime. So now's the best time to tell me everything." And so Tine did, just like he revealed everything to his friends back in Phuket, not forgetting to clarify about the singer's current stalker/hater situation.

"Wait, let me get this straight. You asked for space because you're mad he hid the situation from you and also because you've been a shitty boyfriend recently?" Type asked after digesting what he had just heard.

Tine groaned in frustration, pressing his palms against his eyes. "Yeah, but when you say it, it sounds so petty and stupid."

"Well, it kinda is. But not completely, so don't worry."