Chapter 10: The Square One

NOTES: AHHH HERE IT ISSS

Sorry in advance for any major typos, grammar mistakes, and inaccurate infos!

Happy reading! 💖

__________________________________________

3rd week of October 2021

"Sooo, what gives?" Tine asked indiscriminately towards the end of his and Sarawat's meal. After two weeks of begging the singer for a night out, the latter finally (and surprisingly) succumbed to his ceaseless requests.

"Well, we've been having green curry for days now. So I kinda wanna eat something else." Sarawat shrugged jokingly while slicing that last bits of his 700 Baht steak whose serving size was practically for a child, causing Tine to glower at him. "Saraleo!"

"But I'm right, aren't I? This place is very impressive. Safe and private. Although, definitely overpriced. And I'm pretty sure the guy a few tables away to your right is a senator." He added giddily, keeping his voice low especially at the last part by covering his mouth with his wine glass.

"Hmm, yeah. That's why P'Air allowed me to go as well." Wat agreed and shared mindlessly, evidently engrossed in his food or just plain lost in his trance.

"Alai? What do you mean? I didn't know P'Air prohibits you from going to places now." Tine scrunched his nose in puzzlement.

Wat let out an uneasy laugh and shook his head in disagreement. "Well, prohibit is a big word... It's only for security reasons."

"Anyway... Something urgent came up." He scrambled off in addition.

"Oh, what is it?"

"Another 5-day trip to Phuket."

"Shia!" Tine sputtered a bit of his wine. "The universe must really love me right now! I've been wanting to go to the beach this term break."

"Didn't realize I'll be coming with you so soon to Phuket. When do we leave?" He rambled on, already lost in excitement and at the thought of the sea.

"Tine..."

"Should I take a different flight from you guys? Cause I'd totally understand if I have to. Oh gosh, I think I ran out of sunblock. We better buy some on the way ho--"

"The trip to Phuket will mostly be public events, Tine..."

"Uhm, okay Captain Obvious. So?"

"Remember what I told you about my public events?" Wat faintly asked, rendering Tine speechless for a few seconds. Prick.

"Alai? I -- Are you saying I can't come?" Tine scoffed and the musician reluctantly nodded, knowing this was going to hurt his little buffalo.

"But almost all your fans are from Bangkok, Wat. I'm sure I'll be fine in Phuket." Tine asserted.

"No, Tine. You don't understand. The last time I went to Phuket was-- It wasn't an entirely great experience. So I'm not gonna take any risk or chance, okay? Not when it comes to you." Wat vehemently argued back. Prick.

"What? What do you even mean by that? Did something bad happen in Phuket? I thought you only met up with Pam? Are you still hiding something from me, Wat?" Tine probed the singer, his voice went up a notch or two.

"No. No. I -- It was just a few crazy fans here and there, nothing big. But it really rattled me..."

"What kind of crazy are we talking about here? And why didn't you mention anything before?" Tine impassively questioned as he gritted his teeth. But Wat only dismissed his queries with the wave of his hand. "It's all in the past now, nuisance. Don't worry about it." Prick.