Chapter 9: The Fickleness

Notes: 

AHHH HERE'S CHAPTER 9!

Sorry in advance for any major typos, grammar mistakes, and inaccurate infos!

Happy reading! 💖

__________________________________________

September 2021

"Shit. Shit. Shit. We are so fucking late." Tine cursed under his breath as he, Fong, Ohm, and Phuak stalked off the Supreme Court of Thailand.

Today was the last day of their first term's finals, so some might think they were free after their Criminal Law Review exam. But no, they weren't because their adviser made some eleventh-hour corrections in their working thesis, which they had to quickly correct and pass again. Second, their Practice Court professor required them to watch a court hearing that lasted up to THREE LONG HOURS, for some incentive points which were just too good to let pass. So needless to say and long story short, the one-braincell gang's day was a hot mess, especially Tine's considering today was also his boyfriend's song release party.

Now here they were, scrambling to hail a taxi to change clothes in Tine and Wat's condo, already an hour late for the party.

"I knew we should've just brought our change of clothes. Fuck . Now we're gonna be almost three hours late." Tine continued to curse, his leg bouncing in agitation.

"Chill, we'll book the uber once we arrive at your place so that way once we're done changing we'll have our ride ready." Fong repeated his plan for the nth time since Tine began being restless whilst they were still in court.

"Are you sure Sarawat won't mind if we borrow his clothes?" Ohm chimed in.

"Yeah, yeah. He has a bunch of club appropriate clothes since he got signed."

"Cool! Wish our field is more lenient with dress codes. I still can't accept that we'd have to wear suits for the rest of our careers." Phuak mused causing everyone to chuckle, except a certain nuisance who was busy sending a text to Sarawat.

Sent to Wat - 7:34 PM

Hey, we just left the supreme court. Im so so so so so sorry we're gonna be late. R u guys starting already?? :((

Not anticipating any reply from the singer, Tine leaned his head against the car window and closed his eyes in frustration. He had so not expected this day to be all over the place. He woke up earlier today, ready to say goodbye to law school for at least the next four weeks. Four long weeks that he planned to use to spend time with and make up to the singer. What he did not foresee was the cosmos choosing chaos and imbalance for him.

"Tine," Fong called out.

"Hmm?" He tiredly replied, his eyes still shut.

"Are you sure about not going with us to Pattaya?"

Tine shook his head in response, already certain.

"It's a really great opportunity though, a one in a million! It was a good thing it got moved during our break... And P'Aof specifically contacted us for help..."

"I know. We've had this conversation plenty of times, but I'm still not going."

"Did Wat refrain you from coming?" Ohm cautiously and finally questioned after days of bombarding him as to why he didn't want to go. He still hadn't opened up to them about what was bothering him and his relationship with Sarawat.

"I didn't even tell Wat about Pattaya..."

"Alai! Why!?"

"Cause I know he'd want me to come..."