Chapter 3 - Tutor

As the morning sun was streaming through the curtains, I hid the piece of paper I was writing on just before the maidservant came to wake me up, hid it where no one would find it, quickly put the lamp back in its place, turned off the light, and crawled into bed, closing my eyes as if I had been asleep all night.

To be honest, I had been thinking about how to deal with this for a long time, and I was completely awake and not at all sleepy, so I was raccooned out of bed.

Then there was a discreet knock on my bedroom door, and a woman came through it slowly.

As soon as I see this, I close my eyes and pretend to be asleep.

Meanwhile, the maidservant approached my bed and gently placed her hand on my forehead to check my fever.

...I'm sorry to hear that the maids were worried about me too...

With a bitter smile in my heart, I slowly opened my eyes as if I had just woken up.

Then the maid noticed this and hurriedly withdrew her hand.

"I'm very sorry to wake you up, Miss Cecilia!"

"No, I just woke up, so I'm fine. And it was a great feeling."

"Oh!"

I smiled at her and she smiled back happily.

Then I ate the breakfast that had been prepared for me and headed for my destination.

But to be honest, I was tired of smiling at them every time they asked me if I was feeling well, and I was tired of smiling at them to say I was fine.

When I arrived at the door of my room, I knocked on it with my little hand.

Then I heard a reply from inside, so I managed to stand tall and grab the handle and slowly opened the door and went in.

"...Otou-chama."

"Hmm? Oh, Cecilia! Are you feeling okay now?"

"Yes! I'm full of energy!"

"I'm glad to hear it. 'That's good to hear, but it's unusual for Cecilia to be in my office at this hour. Well, I'm happy to see you."

"Because Daddy's going to go away soon, aren't you? That's why I wanted to get to you before that."

"Yes! That's nice to hear."

Father looked happy at my words, and he put the papers he was holding on the office desk, got up and walked over to me, and picked me up in a light embrace.

As I was being held up by my father with one arm, I saw his neat face right in front of me, and I was in love with the fact that he was still very beautiful.

"Since I could see Cecilia's face this morning, I can work hard all day today."

"Good luck with your work! Oh, yeah, and I had a request!"

"Hmm? Well? It's so unusual for Cecilia to ask me for a favor. Normally, she's just a kid and she never asks for anything. So what are you asking for? I'll make anything happen for you."

And then my father smiled at me.

"I want to be able to have a good time with you," I said. "So I want to be like big brother and ask for your help and guidance with studying."

"...Hmm? Study? No, no, you're only three years old, you're too young. You can do whatever you want and play now."

"I want to study! Please, please, please, please, please!"

I said so desperately and put my hands together and pleaded with my father, slightly moistening my eyes with my puppy-dog eyes.

"Ugh!...Haha, I can't help it, if you say so much, I'll find a teacher for Cecilia."