Chapter 35 - Pilgrimage to the Holy Land

We finally arrived at the first shrine after being rocked by carriage for half a day after leaving the capital.

It was a white shrine standing quietly in the forest, but it seemed to be well maintained, as if there was a guardian for generations.

When we opened the door of the shrine and entered with Viktor in the front, we saw a small altar.

And behind the altar, there was a statue of a goddess with her hands crossed as if in prayer.

"Beautiful..."

I couldn't help but mutter that as I stared at the goddess statue.

Sure, the goddess statue was depicted on the game screen too... but the real thing is so beautiful! Wow, I'm so glad I came!

I was simply moved by the beautiful statue of the goddess as I thought about it.

"It's really beautiful..."

As I heard Nina's murmurings, I glanced at Nina, Kaiser and the others, who were also staring at this mysterious goddess statue.

No one said a word, and silence reigned over the place, until Nina noticed and hurriedly moved to the front of the altar, where she got down on her knees, crossed her arms, closed her eyes and prayed to the statue.

"Goddess...please see to the peace of the people..."

Nina was praying earnestly, hoping so.

Just as I was gazing at Nina's back, a light suddenly shone through the gap in the shrine and shone down on Nina.

Whoa~! Nina, you are beautiful! You look like an angel! Ahh, I knew Nina would look good as a maiden! That's the heroine of this game! What man wouldn't fall in love at the sight of this?

I glanced at the attackers, but for some reason Kaiser was smiling at me, Prince Alfeld and Ghislan were talking while pointing at the statue of the goddess, and Viktor was wary of the entrance to the shrine and was not looking at Nina at all.

I was intensely upset in my mind at the sight of these men.

Hey! Why doesn't anyone look at Nina!? Nina is your love interest, right? And the only reason you're following me on this trip in the first place is because you care about Nina, right?

As I was looking around at Kaiser and the others with an astonished expression while thinking about this, Nina, who had finished her prayers, ran over to me at a small run.

"Cecilia-sama, I'm done!"

"Oh, thank you. By the way, Nina looked so beautiful in her prayer."

"What? Oh, really?...I'm so happy to hear you say that, Cecilia-sama!"

I told her with a smile, recalling Nina's appearance earlier, and she smiled happily as she put her hands on both cheeks.

I was writhing in my heart at such a cute reaction, but for some reason the men didn't react well to Nina.

While I was puzzled by their completely unexpected reactions, it was time to leave, so I decided to return to the carriage.

But on the way back to the carriage, Kaiser approached me and grabbed me by the waist.

"Huh? Kaiser?"

"Come on, Cecilia, let's get in the carriage."

"What? No, Kaiser just got on, so..."

I was baffled by Kaiser's behavior, and he walked me closer and closer to the carriage.

Then, just as Kaiser was about to let me into the carriage, a hand was placed on his shoulder.