Chapter 7- Kaiser Ron Beizelm

Kaiser POV

I am Kaiser Ron Beizelm. I was born to the King and Queen of the Kingdom of Beizelm, and my status as the first prince was already set from that point.

By the time I was old enough to remember, I was surrounded by adults who slipped in and out of my position as the First and Crown Prince.

Growing up in such an environment, I learned how to hide my true intentions with a smile and how to get along with those adults.

I also learned to take advantage of those adults when I could.

By the time I made my social debut at the age of six, I was honestly disgusted by the fact that these adults and their children were always trying to manipulate my face and status.

At that point, I no longer trusted anyone who approached me with superficial words and ulterior motives.

The next year, another ball was held at the royal palace for the youngest daughters, who were to make her debut in society.

As soon as I entered the hall with my parents and finished greeting the participants, the same thing as last year happened.

The young ladies lined up in front of me in a long line to greet me, their eyes filled with ulterior motives.

I was puzzled and amazed in my mind, with a smile on my face.

Again, this year...maybe they've been told by family members to be sure to get along with me.

While thinking so, I was remembering the family structure of each nobleman in my mind as I listened to the names of these sons and daughters who greeted me one after another.

Hmm, this young lady's father was a minister, I believe, and if I get along with him, it will be useful for something later on.

I smiled and complimented the young lady on her appearance.

Then the young lady looked at me with happy face and moist eyes.

But seeing her like that didn't make me feel anything, so I just smiled and listened to her talk about her house and how she was trying to show off.

And as I listened to the children's stories, I secretly hoped that the ball would end soon.

When the line of greetings finally broke up, I let out a breath of relief that no one would notice, and the Duke's daughter, who hadn't greeted me yet, came up to me.

"Prince Kaiser."

"Hmm? Oh, Roberto, I didn't know you were here."

The one who came before me was the son of Duke Reinhardt, the country's prime minister and leading nobleman.

...It's rare for Roberto to come to a ball like this. When he came to the castle with his father, I would occasionally talk to him, but he is someone who rarely shows up to evening parties or balls unless he is forced to attend.

As soon as I wondered about that, I knew the answer to that question.

Apparently, Roberto had come with his sister, who was making her social debut this year, to accompany her.

Come to think of it...I've heard a lot of bragging about the Duke's daughter from Lord Reinhardt and Roberto.

When I remembered that, I finally turned my attention to the young lady next to Roberto.

The young lady was indeed, as I had heard them say, much more dainty and beautiful in appearance than the other young ladies.

But this young lady who called herself Cecilia was just as good looking as any other young lady.