Chapter 8

Russia shut his locker after he put his bag inside. He took a deep breath, it was another day of school meaning he would meet people that he didn't like. Grumbling to himself he turned to walk to his classroom.

"Russia!" He heard a familiar voice shout. He stopped in his tracks and turned around. Russia saw Poland run up to him.

Poland slowed to a stop and looked up at the Russian smiling lightly.

"Привет Польша.(Hello Poland.) What do you need?" Russia asked, looking down at the country in front of him. Poland gave him a sheepish smile.

"Have you seen Germany?" He asked, a light pink blush was dusted on his cheeks.

Russia sighed, "Нет, I haven't seen Gerrrmany." It was pretty obvious that the two liked each other. They would always blush around each other, compliment each other. Heck, even make googly eyes at each other. It didn't talk long for other countries to pick up on it. Soon enough everybody knew about it. Even Russia noticed this a few weeks ago and he doesn't really pay attention to these things.

"Oh... Sorry for bothering you." Poland said in a dejected tone.

Russia's lips pressed together forming a thin line. He wasn't exactly good at comforting others. "Maybe you should konfess." He blurted out unintentionally.

Poland's face bursted into red as he looked at the Russian in disbelief. "Y-You know I can't do that!" He exclaimed in a stutter. "What if h-he doesn't like me that w-way?"

Then of course the two are oblivious to it all.

Russia looked down at his friend exasperated, "I'm surrre he does Poland." He saw a flash of black, red, and yellow out of the corner of his eye.

"How do you know? May-" Russia tuned Poland out and turned his head over to where he saw the familiar colors. There stood Germany talking with America, who was opening what Russia presumed was the American's locker.

Russia narrowed his eyes at the country. He never really did like the striped nation, granted they have been pretty decent to each other for the past couple weeks, but I still didn't sway his opinion of the American and he couldn't remember the reason why.

Was it because of his loud obnoxious behavior? Or was it because he always had that big wide grin on his face? Perhaps it was because he had hospitalized his father all those years ago.

The taller country snapped out his thoughts when America reached into his jacket and pulled out a tissue box? Russia looked at the object in confusion. Where the hell did the other get that from?

The Russian quickly averted his eyes once he realized he was staring too long and if America knew, he probably didn't acknowledge it. Russia turned his attention back to Poland, who was still running his mouth.

"Zerrre's Gerrrmany." Russia interrupted the other's rambling, nodding his head towards the duo across the hallway.

Poland paused and looked over to where Russia was pointing at. He froze up as his eyes landed on the German.

Germany perked up, probably feeling Poland's stare. He glanced over the two countries, his eyes landing on the shorter one. Germany smiled and waved, a red hue tinted his cheeks. America just looked on with a neutral expression. Russia noticed the tissue box was nowhere to be seen. Where did it go?

The Polish country let out a wobbly smile, shyly waving back and watched as Germany and America walked away to their class. With a relieved sigh he turned back to Russia, who just stood there.

Poland gave Russia a pleading smile, "America is close with Germany right?" He asked. Russia narrowed his eyes at the shorter country not liking where this was going.