Chapter 9

America regretted many things in life.

This choice is what he regretted the most.

He mentally groaned. Why did he think it was a good idea to meet with Russia today? He was already drained from school and wanted nothing more than to go home. And to answer the question, frankly, he didn't know the answer to that.

He shook his head. Too late to turn back now.

America stood in front of the café, staring up at the big sign above the door, not really paying attention to what the sign said. He was blankly staring up, his face devoid of any emotion, lost in his thoughts.

He had asked Canada to come with him since he didn't really want to be alone and his brother agreed, which made him happy a bit, until it didn't.

Canada canceled at the last minute saying that he was going to hang out with Ukraine. He apologized but judging from the mischief in his eyes he'd done it on purpose. America didn't say anything already accepting his fate though he knew that Canada knew that he knew the Canadian did it intentionally. America will still hold it against his brother whether things turned out okay or not.

America jumped when he felt a tap on his shoulder. He whizzed around, meeting an unamused Russian. When did he get here? America pushed the question away, smiling brightly at the country instead.

"Hey Rus!" 

"Don't kall me zat." 

The American just disregarded what the other had said, "Come on, let's head inside." Russia grumbled under his breath and walked ahead into the café. America just watched as Russia entered the building, his smile faltering a bit, but soon following after.

He looked around the café inhaling the nice scent of coffee, urging him to just get a few cups for the day. The inside had a homey feel to it, warmth spreading around the building. 

Wooden tables were lined up against the big glass windows, for three to four people. A few tables laid out across the inside of the cafe that are mostly likely for just a person or two. The place was glimmering with not too bright lights, just bright enough to illuminate the café.

America spotted Russia sitting at one of the tables near the window. He walked up to the other and sat down on an empty seat, right across from the Russian.

The two sat in silence, until the waiter came to their table, "Hello, what would you like to order? The couples deal is on the menu if you two are interested in that." He smiled.

America and Russia paused for a moment. Letting the words sink in.

Couples…

Couple...

Couples deal!?!

Their faces exploded into a bright shade of red as that sunk in. America sputtered, "N-No no! You've g-got it all w-wrong! W-we aren't-" He frantically stuttered out.

Russia quickly stood up pushing the chair backwards, "There's no way I'm ever dating that pi-"

"Learn your respect!" America snapped glaring at the tall country already knowing the word that was about to come out of the other's mouth, his tone turned from embarrassed to scolding. Russia shrunk a bit, sitting back down, sinking in his chair.

The waiter cough nervously, "Sorry, sorry, my apologies for assuming. What would you two like to order?" He asked, regaining his composure.

"Iced tea." Russia mumbled.

America smiled, "One black coffee!" He said. Russia gave him a weird look, having already sat up and scooting his chair and himself in. The waiter took down their orders and left, Russia opening his mouth after to speak.