Chapter 7- DON'T ANYTHING STUPID....

You jump out of fear. Your body was so relaxed that you didn't pay attention to who's near you.

"Sorry to scar you like that,"

You turn at the intruder ready to pounce them for interrupting your... uhem... leisure time; but stop shortly upon seeing their size.

"Do you have to be so big?" you whine throwing your head back.

"What?" he looks at you uncertainty glimmering in his eyes.

"Nothing.... It's nothing," you sigh and pat the spot next to you, "what are you up to that late at night, Laxus?" you ask then smirk up at him once he's seated, "out for some drinks and girlchasin', eh boy?"

He blushes furiously, "DON'T CALL ME BOY WHEN YOU LOOK YOUNGER THAN ME!"

You laugh at his reply, "looks can fool".

He nods, "to answer your question, I was feeling agitated and restless so I came out for a walk and ended up here".

"Oh yeah, you did ask if I was feeling restless as well," you look at the sky and make a dumb face.

"Well?" he presses you for an answer

"Nah I wasn't" you shrug and turn your gaze back at the lake, hugging your knees once again, "I am just bored of sleeping, you know?"

He hums unwilling to move his eyes of your figure. He hesitates to ask you but does anyways, "why were you wishing for someone to end you?"

You stiffen and frown, mumbling "so you heard that".

"I'm sure you don't need someone to tell you that-"

You cut him off by splashing his face with dirt. "What the hell?" he blinks countlessly and grunts in frustration.

"If you're sure, explain why you decided to open your mouth about it then," you stand up and tap your foot.

"Argh! You didn't even give me the chance to start!" he continues blinking.

"Oh well it was obvious what you were going to utter,"

"How so?"

"Because it's typical for the male to confront the female in her moments of weakness. I mean you see that everywhere these days! You were going to tell me how not to think that way and that there are great things in life I haven't seen. Well guess what? I don't need your empty words of encouragement. I was having a moment of weakness, I am human after all,"

Silence seeps through the air. You awaited his response.

"As long as you promise to get back up after every moment of weakness, then I won't come to your aid and let you have it," he states casually.

It's your turn to blink furiously, did he just? How can he ask a complete stranger promise something like that?

"I don't care if you think I'm overstepping boundaries here, but you are a guildmate. And the old man taught us the every guildmate is like. No. every guildmate is a member in our family," he continues, "I'm not going to stand aside feeling helpless because a fellow comrade is suffering from unseen wounds". He manages to stand, and extends his arm, offering his hand to you. "Plus, you don't have to worry about the sexism thing. So let's stand on equal grounds now and make fairy tail better than it already is... as friends," he smiles softly. Even tho it's just small and brief, you can see Makarov in him.

"After a speech like that, how can anyone say no," you place your hand in his and shake it firmly. "Now, let's get that dirt out of your eyes, shall we?"

"You put there in the first place!" he lashes out.

"AND NOW I'M OFFERING TO WASH IT AWAY!" you retort. "Why are we even arguing about it?!"

"I DON'T KNOW" he answers as you gently wet a piece of your scarf and clean the dirt in a patting motion. You laugh at his answer, admitting that you don't know either.

The next morning, you walk to the guild with Juvia and Erza. Juvia seemingly excited about seeing Gray again, which Erza replied that she sees him every day.

"What about you, Erza? Excited to see anyone today?" she looks at you as if you asked a really stupid question. Her gaze make you sweat drop.

"Oh! Is Jellal visiting today?" Juvia's question triggers the blushing button in Erza. The latter seems to have lost her sense of speech causing laughter to spread between Juvia and yourself.

"What's so funny?" Natsu asks as the three step inside the guild.

"None of your business, Natsu!!" ah she can speak again, you think as you head to the request board.

"Taking a job even tho it's your first day in the guild?" Bickslow, who's standing with the thunder legion near the board, questions.

"Leave her be, Bickslow," Freed scolds him.

"It's okay Freed," you smile at the group, "yes I'm going on a mission. I've been feeling restless lately". The last phrase catches Laxus' attention; he smirks down at you as you ignore his gaze and hum to yourself. So many to choose from.... What to choose? What to choose?

"HEY (Y/N)!!! WANNA GO ON A QUEST TOGETHER?" Natsu yells from a table. You sigh, not wanting to let the boy down but you really want to go solo for your first job in years!!!

"No. She'll be going with us," shadow gear steps in; the encounter triggers Bickslow and Evergreen.

"Says who? (Y/n) and I bonded well last night so she'll be going with us!" Evergreen closes her fan and points at you... Or at the spot you were in few minutes ago.

"Alright, thanks MiraJane!" you thank the lady after approving your quest paper and make your way to the door.

"WHEN DID YOU" Natsu loses his words pointing between the board and the bar.

Your laugh is the only response he gets. Once you reach the door, you turn on your heels and address everyone in a loud voice, "DON'T DO ANYTHING STUPID WITHOUT ME, YOU LOTS!" With that off your chest, you start your way to the station. Makarov smiles, "she used to do that every time she left on a quest, be it to run errands for someone or fight monsters".

At the station, you await your train. Paper still in your hand, you look at it and read it once again:

"Mage needed to place barrier around mansion.

Location: Rosehill village

Reward: silver key + 500,000 jewels".