Chapter 15- Bonds Starting To Forge

"M-master! Please put on some clothes!" Varin stumbles behind a tree, his face bright red.

"You can come out now," she sighs and looks around. "Are we on the Eastern continent?"

"Yes," Varin emerges, clinging the towel o his lower body. His blush grows deeper in red when he notices that the goddess of slaughter is wiggling her eyebrows at him. She then bursts into a fit of laughter, conjuring clothes for her new found follower.

"Let's see how long you'll last newbie," she mumbles and ushers him to dress.

~back to the present, at the Fairy Tail GuildHall~

"Where are they?" Natsu has been turned to a small lizard and trapped inside a flask. Just like when Lucy was kidnapped.

"We need to calm down and think this through," Lucy said, clutching her keys pouch to her waist, unconsciously.

The silence was so sharp, it could cut through steel. Night had fallen and no signs or news about the two exceeds, Happy and Lilly as well as the "newest" guildmember, were brought to light. Most guildmembers retired to their homes; Bisca, Asuka and Alzack are snuggled up in Asuka's bed and reading a bedtime story; Elfman and Lisanna walk side by side, each holding 2 bags of groceries. Their elder sister, Mirajane stayed behind at the guild. Gajeel accompanied Levy back to her room at the Fairy Hills, during the walk they decided on which house to settle for. Macao and Wakaba were swaying aimlessly in Magnolia after losing another drinking competition to Cana. The latter was being carried by Juvia and Laki, on their way to Fairy Hills too. Freed sat comfortably on his couch, reading a book, while Bickslow was washing the dishes as a payment for crashing at Freed's for the night. Evergreen stared intently at the sculpture in her room, thinking of the whereabouts of a certain someone. The remaining guildmembers were scattered around in the guildhall, Wendy passed out at some point hugging Carla, which lost the will to fight off sleep as well. Erza leaned against a pillar with her eyes closed. Gray took of his jacket and covered Wendy as she rested then joined Master Makarov at the bar. Lucy was sitting opposite to Wendy, watching the girl dragonslayer in her slumber. Laxus was walking back and forth in front of the bar. And Mirajane was finishing arranging the cups on the shelves before a vein appeared on her head, "WOULD YOU STOP STOMPING?"

Laxus froze in his spot and shot her an apologetical look. She moved from the shelves and turned towards him, "Listen, i know you're worried about her. We all are. But we should have faith in her".

"Mira is right. The woman didn't live for over 1000 years if it wasn't for her strength, skills, quick judgement and-" Makarov stopped and sighed. "Yknow all too well, i'm too old to handle scares like that," he said in a voice above whisper.

Everyone looked puzzled then a wave of relief washed over them. "So you're back," Erza turned to the door.

"He's good at sniffing me out," you stammered and stumbled of Jellal's back. "They need help," you managed to choke these words out before losing your balance and falling to your knees. Your arms go limb, and two balls of fur, one blue and the other a mix of black and white roll to your knees. Jellal's face came into the light which revealed a dark bruise running from his right eye, up his forehead and disappearing under his hairline, his left arm was a dark purple and his gait was unsteady. You kept your head down but not for long, as you felt a touch under your chin and your head being lifted up. Your eyes meet the grey hue on Laxus' orbs, you managed to focus on them rather than on the pain sparking throughout your body.

"Can you stay awake for just a bit longer?" he asked in a whisper. You nodded and quirked up your lips in an attempt to smile, "don't do that. You look creepy". He said jokingly and just kneeled in front of you.

At some point, Lucy woke Wendy up. Happy and Lilly were tended to first, considering their unconscious state. Erza and Gray had taken Jellal to Porlyusica, in order to lighten the load off of Wendy. You were left kneeling on the ground, breathing slowly, occasionally fading in and out of consciousness. Laxus' voice kept you awake and lulled you at the same time.

Now one would wonder why Wendy didn't attend to you first, or why weren't you taken to Porlyusica. Well, here's the truth. You cannot be healed. Well, don't fret now, the goddess of slaughter cannot be healed like a normal mage would be, certain spells have to be chanted at the same time by the same wizard using the same type of magic. Different spells at that, not the same one. For example, one mage would chant a spell for correcting any error in your hemodynamic status whereas the other made would chant an enhancer spell that would boost your immunity in fighting off any foreign body that might have taken opportunity of the body's weal state or, in your case, to boost your regeneration abilities. However, such spells have been lost over the years you went into slumber and only you know them. You and another person, a person the fairy tail mages are yet to encounter, a follower you are yet to be reunited with.

Makarov asked Wendy to check on your broken ribs again, and the internal bleeding too. The young mage affirmed that the first have healed completely and the second has ceased. A lot is yet to be fixed, it's a slow process. Regeneration that is. Upon making sure that any danger of moving you is absent, Makarov signaled Laxus to move you to the infirmary as sunlight began to lick the guildhall's doorstep.

"Regeneration of her broken ribs took 6 hours 33 minutes, the internal bleeding ceased 2 hours after she came back," Wendy briefed Porlyusica as the woman rushed to the infirmary. It was noon, and the sun was high up in the sky. However, you hated sunlight.

"Close the curtains!" was the first thing Porlyusica said as she entered the infirmary. Evergreen, who had been sitting next to you since morning, bolted to the windows, doing as Porlyusica has ordered.

"Now wake up you lazy bump! You're fine so stop sulking around!" the pink haired scolded your motionless body. Evergreen raised her eyebrow in question as to if the woman has finally gone mad.

You giggled at Evergreen's thoughts making the latter jump and look around. "I wouldn't say i'm fine, at least he didn't damage my soul!" you chuckle as you materialize as a, well, as a ghost.

A wooden spoon passed through you, that was Porlyusica's attempt at making sure you're not playing tricks on her. "He did a good number on you," she exclaimed looking you over. Altho you are just a spirit, but all of your recent scars and bruises are clear on your pale skin.

"Well, i'm rusty" you replied.

"No, you're stupid. You shouldn't have tried to take him head on by yourself," she replied

"I, in fact, ran away from the fight" you pushed your chest confidently.

"and when you thought you had him fooled, you tried to attack him but he was a step a head of you" she finished with a glare.

Your shoulders slumped and head fell as you pouted. You only faced up upon hearing the door slam behind your friend.

"She's angry," Evergreen mutters out, too awed at your spirit form.

"She always is, so don't fret about it," you smile and look at your companion, "oh and it's not thought projection, but something similar. A bit trickier and more complex".

Evergreen mouth formed an "o" shape.