Chapter 12- Reunion and encounter

"You summoned me, goddess?" Tutelar bows as it materializes before you. "I smell the avatar of annihilation all over".

Sweat-dropping, you pull a shaky smile on your face. "Well... we are in his mansion. And before you say anything," you raise your hand in front of its face, "I order you to protect him and his mansion, along with the people in the town below".

"You mean the empty shells he resurrected," Tutelar exclaims with disgust written all over its face.

"Tutelar... the past is in the past. It's time you forgave him for what he's done," you exhale, tired of their never ending bickering.

"FORGIVE?" Tutelar shouts causing the mansion to shake a little.

"HEYYYYY! (Y/N)! ARE YOU IN THIS TOWN?" you hear a distant voice. What the hell are these morons doing here? You think for yourself before glancing at Tutelar who has its guard up.

"How do these insects know your name? What kind of relationship do they share with you goddess?" it questions.

"Don't worry. They are friends of an old... acquaintance," another nervous smile takes over your features. "I'll be in contact with you and Varin".

You sprint towards the nearest window and jump from it. Landing behind a small warehouse you fix your clothes and telepathically call onto Varin. "Get your ass over here now!"

Natsu and Laxus are the only ones here... correction... they are the only ones I can sense.

"You summoned me?" Varin appears beside you.

"Yes, and I need you to play along," you drag Varin onto the main street and make him face you. With a nod you begin talking, "alright the barrier's been placed, sir".

Varin shocks when you say "sir" but regains his composure quickly; a malice idea striking in his mind. "Right. You have my undying gratitude oh fairy tail mage!" he speaks in such a dramatic manner, it makes you cringe. "Here is your reward dearest!"

You forcefully smile at him as you take the bag along with the key from his grasp. "See you around sir!" As you are turning around, two male voices call you. "(Y/n)!" Varin and Laxus then glance at each other.

"Oh... your friend mages are here," Varin's voice is just above whisper. "Well hello there... Laxus if I remember correctly! And you must be Natsu! I have read so much about you in magazines. And your performance in the Grand Magic Game was utterly amazing!"

Natsu tilts his head and sniffs the air whereas Laxus raises an eyebrow in question.

"You smell funky," Natsu blurts out

"Do I know you?" Laxus asks. When the blonde mage reaches you, he stands protectively in front of your figure.

Oh no... don't tell me they think Varin is evil!

"(y/n)... we need to talk," Laxus says calmly but intensely. You look at him and notice his shoulders are as stiff as rock. Your gaze moves to Natsu who doesn't look that happy.

"How about you join the lady and I for some tea and gingerbread?" Varin invites the cautious duo with a smile on his face.

What a kiss-ass... is he blind or stupid?

As if Varin read your mind, he looks at you with worry in his eyes. Trying to figure out the source behind that look, you place your hand in Laxus' shoulder, "I'm sorry sir but it seems as if my guildmates want to speak in private. However, I thank you for the generous offer," you bow in respect and motion for Natsu and Laxus to follow you.

"Oh and one more thing..." you turn one last time to meet Varin's eyes and smile genuinely at him, "stay safe sir Varin".

~time skip~

When Laxus, Natsu and you are a decent distant away from Rosehill village, your footsteps come to a halt.

"What's up? And how did you get here so fast?" you ask folding your arms and sitting in a butterfly position on a rock.

"Happy and Lily flew us here," Natsu says nonchalantly.

You look at Laxus, expecting him to start speaking. However, he avoids your eyes.

"Are you really the goddess of slaughter?" Natsu bluntly asks, squinting his eyes at you.

~meanwhile at the fairy tail guildhall~

"THEY WHAT?" Makarov spits his drink in Gray's face and looks at Erza bewildered. "Where is Jellal?"

"He- uh," Erza hesitates but Carla answers, "he went with them".

The people gathered in the guildhall feel the master's rage increasing. "That damned legend... it will haunt her for eternity!" he mutters to himself. Wendy frowns at his words, "you knew?" she questions, sadness enveloping her tone.

Makarov sighs, nodding. "She doesn't deserve that hideous title. You should know the story behind it, however it is not my place to tell you". He rolls his chair away from the gathering and outside. "Great Master Mavis, give her strength," he prays looking to the sky then closing his eyes.

~somewhere unknown~

"So she has reawakened?"

"Interesting. I must say, it surprises me she lives"

"Surprised? Really? She is immortal you know,"

"Immortal and indestructible as well,"

"Did you know that her apprentice has fallen for the great curse of Ankhseram?"

"The avatar of annihilation's whereabouts are unknown, but we can lure him out using his beloved master as bait,"

"You think you're up to it? She is the goddess of slaughter,"

"That title is nothing but a stupid legend. A myth at that!"

~back to you~

"Are you really the goddess of slaughter? ANSWER ME," Natsu loses his temper as you stand silent, watching the flame around his fist grow larger and brighter.

"You know Natsu, if you focus more on the oxygen in the air, your flame will become blue" you say, picturing a blue flame and manifesting it in your palm, "it's small, I know. It has been a while since I used fire magic".

Natsu's eyebrows shoot up. As he becomes more curious, he begins to lose control over his magic and the flame starts to dwindle down.

"Stop dodging the question," Laxus says, leaning back on another rock.

You look at him then at the flame dancing in your hand, then smile. "You sniffed me out quickly... Jellal Fernandes". The blue flame in your hand flies to your left in an arrow form.

"Huh, so that's what a goddess looks like," Jellal stands, blocking the flame with barrier magic.

"Pathetic human," you mutter. Jumping from the rock and landing crouched on the ground, you face Jellal, "what do you hope to achieve by digging into my past".

"Peace for this world," he answers bluntly. With a flick of your fingers, the flame vanishes.

"And my existence is a disturbance to that peace of yours," you stand and glare coldly at him.

"Precisely," he glares back in fury, not shying away.

"What are they talking about?" Natsu elbows Laxus as he has lost track of conversation. The latter's mind holds many questions for you but he decides that it's not the right time.

"Alright you two," he puts his hand on your shoulder, "No fighting between guild members".

"Guild members?" you turn your head and look at the blonde muscular man at your side. "Wait... Jellal is?"

Your brain gears take a moment to register what Laxus just said.

"WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?"