Part 11: To my dearest companion...

As you now undoubtedly know, our seal was not perfect by any means. Our story of a Wyrm who brought a Caterpillar from the depths of the darkness of death to the light of Soul will be forgotten, and you and I will be separated once again; just like we were split before when your gifts surpassed that of any shaman. Your memory of me will even be lost to the times ahead.
You, my dear student, are the hope I have for the future, the hope of all who realize the glorious powers you are gifted with.
I mean not to boast of the powers and gifts I granted you with the creation of our seal, but even if my memory is lost, I know I am immortalized through you.
You are the greatest thing I ever achieved.
Perhaps you can bring about the unity I wished to create beside you.
Even now, as I prepare to die, and prove to those around us that I lack not the courage to die by your side for the cause you have called upon my assistance for, as we fulfill a purpose I have known of ever since I saw you again, I know you will come back someday, your moth-like form proves that to me, and I hope that perhaps I can come with you this time. I do not wish to leave your side again.
You have taught me what I know of compassion, and I continue to learn as I remain with you and everyone I have met in my life. Perhaps that great god of unity will see it fit to bring me with you once again.
But there is some advice I give you in your current tribulation. I need you to do three things for me to ensure your success. Each has importance that you will fail to understand until the end has already come to pass.
First, I need you to retrieve your staff which I left for you hidden among the crystals. You will know it, to all others it looks as though it is right in place.
Second, I need you to bring together the gods that live in your lands. Do this using the gift I gave you.
Third, you must bring what we built back to me. This is the most crucial step to your success. It may be difficult for you to accept, but I am never too far away from any questions you have.
Remember that for me, won't you?

The six-horned wyrm sighed as he finished his letter.

Writing it here was the only place she was guaranteed to find it when she needed it, he needed to remember that. It would look as though it was just another account they had written together with the words he had carefully removed. The time had come to take it where it needed to go.

But he knew he'd be dead by the time it reached there.

Vessel called out to the Hollow Shade as she walked through the dark palace.
When she heard a clatter of metal and someone scampering over, she turned to see the Hollow Knight holding a nail remarkably similar to their old one.

"I think that's just a training nail." Vessel laughs, "You'd have to get it sharpened."
She looks into their face, "Wait, where's your mask?"

They lead Vessel to the training yard and point to it in the corner.

"Ok, then where Oamri?" Vessel laughs.

They think for a moment, before pointing towards the direction of the entry and library.

"You're just going to have to show me." Vessel shakes her head, not understanding.

The armor clad shade grabs their mask and takes one of Vessel's hands, leading her to the library.

"That is a completely different taste if I've ever seen one." Vessel laughs as she spots the small shade clumsily holding a book in their tiny arms.

The Hollow Knight tries to wave to get the smaller shade's attention.

When it doesn't work, Vessel tries to think of something that might.
She smiles evilly as something comes to mind.

"You know..." Vessel jokes, "I think this room would look nice if we gave it a coat of fresh maroon paint."