Part 2: Crystallized Tree Roots with Thorns

Vessel woke up the next morning to Hornet standing over her.

"What? What are we doing first?" She tiredly asked the spider. She seemed eager to start the day but her voice said otherwise.

The rest of the previous day had been full of work, they had successfully found a decent strategy to drain the City of Tears, found good materials to start rebuilding houses, and set up parties of elderly bugs and children to scout areas. Vessel had also made a visit to Cornifer and Iselda, who she had purchased a map of all of Hallownest from and a Wayward Compass. Vessel, during her time in the shop asked, Cornifer what areas he thought were more inhabitable.
Hornet had been sent to check on Deepnest, seeing as the spider was technically their ruler because Herrah was dead. Vessel went to see how the mantis tribe was doing herself, the traitors' followers came with her, seeing as their leader was dead.

Deepnest had suffered more because of the Infection, specifically because the Weavers just... left... but other than that the beasts of Deepnest were fine.
They had started to rebuild before Hornet even came to see what was happening there, and inform them of the situation in the neighboring kingdom of Hallownest.

The Mantis Tribe was much more hostile towards the party, until they had successfully conveyed the message of their visit. After all confusions were out of the way, Vessel managed to discuss the current situation with the Mantis Lords. They agreed on peace for the moment, but the Mantis Tribe would stay out of Hallownest's affairs. The Mantis Lords also allowed the traitors back into their village, reluctantly, seeing as they had no where else to go.

When Vessel spoke to the mushrooms, specifically the Mushroom Core they had a similar discussion as the other inhabitants of the Fungal Wastes.

So overall, yeah, it was quite a busy day. Then, when Vessel got back to the castle, she asked how other projects had gone and exchanged what happened today with Hornet. Then set up a plan for the next day, made a list of other things that needed to happen, projects that needed immediate attention, etc., it's honestly a miracle she got any sleep.

"We were going to look at the progress of the civilians in restoring the towns and city." Hornet reminds her gently.

"Right. Do we know how well the draining in the Capital is going? We could check when we go up. I'm not concerned about draining the water into Kingdom's Edge I just think we should go check on that too." Vessel said getting up, and getting ready to go.

"How about we do that on our way back down? I already informed the project supervisor in Dirtmouth we were coming first thing in the morning, yesterday night." Hornet suggests, trying to prevent Vessel from getting sidetracked.

"Oh ok. Wait... Did we tell anyone in Kingdom's Edge we were draining the water into there?" Vessel asks.

"Yes, yesterday before we started draining the water you sent a group there and they came back with Nail Master Oro, remember?" Hornet reminds her as they start to leave the castle.

"Right! I'm just mixing up what we have done and the things on the list that we need to do." Vessel says.

With that, they make their way to the Stagway Station and Hornet rung the bell.

"I feel bad making you do all this work." Vessel tells the stag as the large bug stops beside them.

"Nonsense! It is nice to see the stations so lively again! Reminds me of the old days." The Stag tells her.

"We're on our way to Dirtmouth." Hornet cuts in.

"Of course, I figured as much." The Stag states as Hornet pretty much pushes Vessel on.