TO HELL AND BACK

THE AWAKENING

PART III

lydia martin stared blankly at the ceiling in her cell of sorts. she was in eichen house, her mother admitting her shortly after theo had dug his way into her mind. her hair was soaking wet from the shower she had only minutes before, a robe wrapped around her body. her head was on the pillow of her rather uncomfortable bed, the girls eyes stuck on the ceiling. her lips were parted and chapped, her chest moving up and down slowly.

she was in a catatonic state.

theo did this to her. he did this.

it was so quiet. her mind was almost blank.

"sorry about her, lydia," the orderly spoke, moving to sit on the edge of her bed. "she doesn't have the gentlest bedside manner, but i can be gentle," he assured. he adjusted her arm so it laid flat, pressing a gloved finger to her inner arm in order to find a vein. "i promise to be gentle."

as the needle pricked her skin, the orderly looked up at her. he injected it further in her skin, his voice quiet as he asked, "are you alright? lydia?" she didn't answer, just continued to stare up at the ceiling. as he pulled out the needle, he apologized, "sorry about that. i... couldn't find a vein." his voice was quiet and eery. "i'll have to... try again."

so he did, he tried again. as he inserted the needle into a different injection site, having no luck there either. though, this was probably on purpose. he let out a sigh, his eyes widening ever so slightly.

"i'll just have to find a bigger vein." he leaned lydias head to the side, twisting the needle around his hand. as he prepared to stab it into her neck, he was caught off guard.

lydia sat up quickly, her hair flying around as she did so. the girl let out a loud scream, her face scrunching up. the frequency caused the man to go flying back, his body slamming against the wall. the lights around her all blew out from the scream.

lydia martin flung herself out of the bed, rushing towards the door. she slid it open with a hurry, rushing out into the hallway. on either side, the hallway was blocked with chained doors. orderly's rushed to them, buzzing themselves in and rushing towards lydia to try and get her back down.

as they begin to move towards her, she took a run for the nurse on her right. he attempted to throw a punch, but lydia was quick to dodge it. she pushed him back, sending a strong kick to his stomach. she practically climbed on the orderly, her legs going around the neck and she flipped him to the ground. she turned to face the other orderly who was running straight towards her. as he approached, her hands pushed at her chest and she let out another scream. the frequency sent the man flying back with force, the lights in the hallway all exploding.

without any hesitation, lydia was running. she ran all through eichen house, successfully making her way outside. she pushed open the door, her bare feet hitting the hard cement. it was pouring outside, the rain coming down hard and fast. it was freezing, but lydia didn't care. she needed to get out. she needed to get to her friends.

she had to tell them.

security guards rushed outside after the girl, whipping out tasers from their belts. it jolted to life, the electricity sparking and flowing through it. lydia stopped in her tracks, her eyes landing on the weapon. as she turned to escape the other way, another guard planted himself behind her.