The Cinderella Evening

Canada turned out to be a good weekend for the Ferraris with both the brothers on the podium, I was getting looked at everywhere I went and was learning to accept it.

Mia created cards and artwork to celebrate her uncle and father's good job, she spent hours trying to draw the car and their faces to perfection.

Charles was back, I joined them on a family dinner. I thought it would be very awkward but it was quite the contrary, the Leclercs were very warm and welcoming.

He announced to them that we were going to go to the ball together, Pascale was beyond happy to see her son smiling. I felt a piece of me break inside, I felt terrible about lying to her.

While he was in town, we didn't spend any time together because well, we weren't really together. That gave Harriet a reason to indulge in more slander about him, she went far enough to say he was the shittiest boyfriend I've had.

The day was finally here, in the evening Mia and I headed to Pascale's salon. She offered to help me do my hair and that was something I couldn't refuse, she spent a good amount of time on my hair, setting it to perfection.

When I reached home, Julia and Harriet had already set up everything, I walked in and before I could even set things down Harriet had me seated and both of them started!

I was pruned and primed for about two hours, and that resulted in me looking the prettiest I have ever looked. I felt like a Goddess, as promised I put on the dress and shoes and called FaceTimed Mia, she said that she wanted to see me once I was dressed for the evening.

"You look like a princess!" She squealed.

"Thank you! Thanks to you and Pascale!"

"What about us!" Cried Harriet.

"Julia and Harriet too! My dream team couldn't have done it without you!" I blew them kisses.

I thanked them and ended the call, I decided to check on Charles and see where he was.

"Hello? Where are you? Just wanted to let you know I'm ready."

"Yeah...About that."

"I don't like where this is going." I sighed.

"I'm running much later than I expected, start the hike to, you should start the hike to  Salle des Etoiles."

"It's like two kilometres from my house! And I'm wearing heels." I cried.

"I'm so sorry but get walking I'll pick you up on the way." He sounded apologetic.

"Just so you know I'm going to be angry the whole time." I ended the call.

I stormed out of the apartment, and turned heads for obvious reasons. I definitely looked like an idiot, wearing a gown walking on the streets of Monte Carlo late in the evening.

After walking a few blocks my feet were killing me, they were blistering for sure. He was no where to be seen, I accepted that I was walking the whole way, maybe he wasn't even going to show up to the event and I was going to not be allowed in.

I heard honks, a sleek looking Ferrari pulled up next to me. He rolled down the window, and asked me to hop in.

"My feet are killing me." I slid into the seat.

"You look nice." He smiled.

"You don't look too bad yourself." I looked at him.

I was lying to him, and myself. He looked like a prince, with his hair neatly gelled back, in a button down and tuxedo. There was absolutely nothing this man couldn't pull off and it drove me insane.