Nice part-3

I was in Nice, standing at Charlotte's door trying my best not to burst into tears. I rang the doorbell and was greeted by Leo, he smiled wide and asked me to come in. Charlotte was in the living room with Mia, trying to get her to eat.

"You're here! Welcome home." She beamed noticing me.

"Thank you so much Charlotte, I can't possibly put into words how grateful I am." I thanked her.

"Go freshen up and settle in, third door to the left." She guided me through the bungalow.

I walked into the room, with giant windows and lots of light pouring in through them. I had a good view of the backyard. I sat down on the bed trying to compose myself, things changed so much in the matter of one night.

I freshened up and decided to block his number and delete all my social media, as I sat on my bed doing all of that I heard footsteps approaching my door.

"We are neighbours!" Mia jumped on to the bed after literally launching herself from the door.

"We are?"

"Yes! Your room is right next to mine!"

"That's great!" I smiled.

"So what are you doing?"

"A little bit of work." I set my laptop aside.

"Can I see?" She asked.

"It's quite boring." I pursed my lips.

"Oh okay, I'll tell mama you started working already she wanted to talk to you."

"I'm coming. Let's go." I smiled.

She held on to my hand just like back when we used to go on walks to get gelato or look for insects in the park. Charlotte was at the dinning table, hunched against the laptop typing away.

"I'm glad you decided to come to Nice earlier, you didn't tell me why though?"

"I'll tell you all of that but I have just one last favour to ask." I sighed taking a seat.

"Sure, what is it?" She placed her chin on her hands.

"Can you keep this a secret? I don't want Charles to know I'm working for you or the fact that I'm moving here." I said. The tears were back, my eyes were burning trying to hold them back.

"Why? What happened?"

"Oh, it's a long story." I smiled wiping away my tears.

"And I'm here to hear all of it." She comforted me.

"The usual, I was a clown and he was emotionally unavailable." I laughed like a maniac.

"Tara, tell me everything." She placed her hand on me.

"So you know how everything was a lie right?" I looked at her.

"Yeah."

"Well, I actually started falling for him...That kiss." I choked on tears.

"Are you alright?"

"He called it stupid." I let the tears flow.

I didn't have the strength to hold them back anymore, I was sobbing and telling her about how deeply I had been smitten.

Sure, I might have had a little crush on him since the start. But I got to spend time with him, see him like I've never seen anyone ever before.

I didn't just fall for him, I fell for his laugh, I fell for his actions and his thoughts. I didn't just like Charles the formula one driver, I loved Charles the family man.