Forza Ferrari

I spent the rest of the week seeing the city and shopping, Charles had a lot of obligations to fulfil and was quite busy. Friday's free practice went by pretty well and so did qualifying, he qualified second once again right behind Max.

It was race day at last, I had told him that I wanted to attend the race from the garages. He told me that he'll tell me on the day of the race if I had garage permissions.

I waited for him in the lobby as eager as a kid on Christmas, finally he showed up. He was wearing team wear but what made me smile was he had the blue bandana at his forehead.

"Good morning Tara, why are you smiling so much?"

"You're wearing the bandana." I grinned.

"I told you I'm always going to wear it, now to make you smile even bigger." He took my hand in his and placed an ID card like thing on it.

"Garage permit?" I looked at him.

He nodded, I gave him a big hug and thanked him. We started our walk to his car and yet again, there was a number of people at the gates waiting to get pictures with him.

I was pulled into a lot of photos, while taking one of the pictures I cried out about how weird I looked. Charles simply nodded, ouch.

We got into the car and started our drive, I felt a little awkward. He admitted to the fact I looked weird, I was once again overthinking every little gesture of his. It's not like I could stop it, I was infatuated!

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Nothing." I huffed.

"Something's wrong. Just say it."

"You think I look weird."

"No I don't!"

"Yes you do! You nodded when I said I looked weird."

"I don't think you look weird! I just think you have a ginormous forehead." He teased me.

"Now I'm even more hurt." I crossed my arms.

We got to the track and were greeted by Nat, she was glowing. She looked so happy, it filled my heart with warmth. I had a little chat with her and then headed to the garage.

I talked to the people on Charles' team, they were all more than glad to explain how the car worked and what their role was. The unit of 20 something were like a family.

Charles came in after a while, with his trainer and his Press officer on either side. Both telling him things, while he continued walking and nodding.

His press officer, Mia came and stood next to me while Andrea continued chatting with Charles. It's a big day today! Mia smiled. It sure did look like one, there was red as far as one could see in the grandstands.

Charles came towards me to grab his balaclava and helmet. He put on his balaclava and I couldn't help but notice how sharp his nose was.

"Good luck rat." I smiled at him.

"Rat?" He looked at me and laughed.

"Your nose, it's so sharp. The balaclava makes you look like a rat."

"Thanks mega mind." He smirked.

The pit lane was open, cars and their crews rushed to the lane to get their drivers ready for the race. The Helter-skelter went on for quite a while, it was time.

The formation lap was over, everyone was on the grid in their spots. The lights went out and it was go time.

"VAI CHARLES! VAI ARTHUR! FORZA FERRARI!" Was all I found myself yelling for the next hour.