Everywhere I go

Nice had really accepted me with its arms wide open, Jon and Aria were becoming good work place buddies, Charlotte and Leo were great weekend lunch hosts and I loved this place with my whole heart.

Work was going good and my social life too was blossoming, every Friday evening was something new with Esha, Daya, Inaya and Aria.

But not this Friday, I was headed to Milan with Charlotte. She wanted to see the site and get some work done.

It was an opportunity for me to meet people, grow my network and learn more about the profession. Leo dropped us off at the airport at around 6 pm and we were on our way to Milan.

"I know we're going for work related things but you're going to love this city." Charlotte smiled.

"Thanks!" I weakly smiled back.

"You never told me about what happened with Darren." She smirked.

"He's nice..."

"I think we've established that on multiple occasions! How was your date with him?"

"It was good, he's in Milan this weekend so I was hoping to see him again." I beamed.

"That's great! I'm so happy you've found someone that makes you happy."

"Thanks..." My voice trailed off.

Did Darren really make me happy? Did anyone really make me happy? Charles was definitely not.

We checked in, found a place to eat dinner and worked out plans for the next day. It was going to be hectic to say the least. We called it a night and headed to bed.

I washed up, changed and noticed I had a few texts. I replied to Harriet and the gang telling them I had reached and was fine.

Darren: How was your flight?

Me: It was fine! How's Milan treating you?

Darren: When I'm not meeting clients, I'm eating😂 I would say very well!

Me: 😂😂

Darren: I've found this place that serves the best Risotto I've eaten, we should go!

Me: My schedule is packed tomorrow, maybe on Sunday?

Darren: Sure, I'll send you the address

Me: Cool! Good night

Darren: Good night :)

I slept like a baby that night, when I woke up the next morning I panicked a little because I forgot to pick out and press my clothes for today.

In a hurry I did my hair and makeup and put on a shirt and pair of  trousers that was the least creased, Charlotte was ready to head out for breakfast.

"Good morning!" I greeted her running into the lobby.

"Someone's all happy and cheery today!" She looked up from the newspaper she was reading.

"It's warmer than I was expecting so that's a win!" I laughed.

"True, the weather's pleasant. Breakfast?" She stood up.

"Let's go!"

We ate a good meal and headed to the construction site to see what was happening. She briefed me about the people we were going to meet and how we should behave around them.

She spoke to the project manager and he updated her about the construction, she asked me take a copy of all sorts of documents from him.

We spent pretty much the whole morning walking through the place with the project manager and architect, explaining their vision of what this place was to look like.