New begennings part 17272718

"New furniture, new curtains, new everything oh my gosh I'm so happy right now!" I squealed.

"How does it feel, to have your own place?" Charlotte smiled taking a seat on the sofa.

"This is crazy. Honestly thank you so much! It's really all thanks to you." I beamed placing the last houseplant down.

"I'm glad you considered my offer, so what do you want to do now?"

"Lunch?"

"Let's go!" She stood up grabbing her bag.

We walked to the little restaurant in the neighbourhood, much like the area the restaurant was quite hip too.

"Is Mia doing well?" I asked her.

"Yeah, after lots of tears she finally gave in. She cried the whole drive to Monaco." Charlotte laughed.

"She definitely has some lungs!" I laughed, "what about Charles?"

"He looked normal, quite happy actually!Russia went pretty well." She smiled.

"Oh!" I smiled.

I felt so hollow on the inside, it had been weeks! Forget Russia even the race at Japan was over and I still wasn't over him. Completely.

"So how was your stay at Monaco?" I asked hoping to distract my mind from it.

"It was wonderful! I met my sister, I met my friends, we went out and obviously there were gelato runs with Mia and Charles." She smiled.

"How are they doing?"

"Mia has finally accepted that schooling is part of her life and Charles seems happy."

"Really?"

"Yeah! He was so bright and cheery, quite a contrast from the last time I saw him. He even said that he's been able to focus better."

"Oh! Good for him." I smiled hollowly.

I felt like an absolute idiot, I was bawling my eyes out for a man who didn't even care. In fact he was doing better now that I was gone.

Even if our relationship wasn't real, was it really such a big burden to him? That he felt weighed down by?

My ringing phone disrupted my train of thoughts, I was getting a call from an unknown number.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Is this Tara?" The person on the other side replied.

"Yes this is she, can I know who I'm talking to?"

"Tara! It's me, Darren..."

"Hi!" I smiled awkwardly.

"So, I'm on my way to the airport now..." I could hear the awkwardness in his voice.

"You were in Nice all this while and you chose, today?" I teased him.

"I was nervous! It took me two weeks to tell myself to call you up."

"Wimp!" I laughed.

"How the tables have turned, Tara Fae is now bullying Darren Ye."

"You did that to me for like two years, so there's no comparison."

"Okay, bullying aside I have to ask you something." He sighed.

"What?" I felt tense.

"Would you like to, you know go out for dinner with me, the next time I'm in Nice?"

My heart was beating so fast! I was at first nervous that this would never happened. Now that it was happening I didn't know how to react. I looked at Charlotte, who was confused at why I looked like a deer who had just seen headlights.