Thirty-Four

*This picture has nothing to do with the chapter but him looks so cute out in Dubai, lol. But, OMG yal, I tweeted Justine earlier and she literally followed me like, I love her, yo. One day I'ma tell her 'bout this book lol. Anywhore, yal have a good day? (:

Two updates because I finished my homework for the weekend already! Whoop whoop.

--

Kaimana

I walked to the back of the apartment to AJ's room, pushing the door up behind me. I went to the closet behind the door. I searched the closet for any extra blankets or bedspreads, but he didn't have many. He had a few thin, wool winter blankets. I took two of them, grabbing an extra pillow he had and grabbed a duffle bag, stuffing them into it.

I exited the closet, turning the light out, going into the bathroom. I put an extra toothbrush and toothpaste into the bag along with a face towel and bath towel.

I scoffed and shook my head. If August thought we were both staying under the same roof then he had it all bent. I walked out of the bathroom and the room, shutting the lights off.

August and Yasmin could be heard bickering and I just rolled my eyes. I'm for sure not staying here with her.

Walking into the den I dropped the bag causing both of them to look up at me. Yasmin had a smirk on her face and AJ looked simply defeated. I cut my eyes at them and went into the kitchen.

I took two of Baby's Lunchables from the refrigerator and went back into the living room.

Yasmin was still sitting with her stupid smirk on her face. AJ sat back on the sofa, nonchalant, trying to play cool but I knew he wasn't. I cleared my throat as I picked up the bag and he looked up at me clearly baffled.

"Kai, bae." He stood, walking over to me.

"No." I held my hand up to him to stop him from coming any closer.

"But, I-'

"AJ." Yasmin and I simultaneously called out and our eyes met, surprised at our jinxing.

"Let the bitch go," Yasmin sat back, folding her arms over her protruding belly. "More room for your real family.

"You, right." I laughed. "His real family."

"Kai, you don't have ta' go, ma."

"Oh, I know. I wasn't. She's going." I threw the bag in Yasmin's direction.

"Ooh." AJ's lips formed an "O" and his eyes widened as he threw his hands up in surrender

"Excuse me? Yasmin ain't goin' no whea'." She sat up, animatedly popping her neck.

"See, I'm be real wit'chu, 'cause I heard about you. You ain't gotta go no whea'," I mocked her speech and movements, causing her to mean mug me.

"But what you gon' do is hit 'da do'. You can't stay here. There's some blankets and a pillow for your car. Here's a Lunchable for you since you were childish enough to think ya' lil scheme would run me out and here's one for your child." I sarcastically smiled, sitting them both in her lap.

Yasmin looked at me in shock then turned her gaze to AJ who was facing the opposite direction, hunched over as his shoulder shook up and down. He was clearly laughing at the situation transpiring before his eyes.

"AJ, you gon' let her treat me like this?" Yasmin whined.

"Aye, I can't do shit. 'Dis ha' apartment, too." He smirked, shrugging his shoulders.

"Since when?" Her face displayed her obvious contempt.

"Since she pay 'da bills around hea', too."

"You know, like a woman should? No? You don't understand." I snickered, pursing my lips to keep from blatantly laughing at her miserable ass.

"I understand, just fine." She rolled her eyes. "AJ, you ain't shit, you'd let this ho become from the mother of your child."

"She ain't a ho. I thought you'd know." AJ made a serious face, looking at her.

"She a ho."

"Nah, he right. I'm not a ho, I might be a freak but there's no hoeness going on over here."

"You think being a freak makes you look any better?"

"It does." I laugh, walking over to AJ. "I'm a ho for AJ and you're a freak for everybody. There's a blatant difference, baby."

"Who are you?" AJ looked at me as if he was amazed.

I laughed an playfully pushed him away, he wrapped his hands around my waist. Yasmin stood looking at the both of us clearly jealous.

"Baby girl, can't you hear? Dick got ya' hearing impaired? You gotta go." I laughed, shaking my head.

"AJ!" Yasmin looked to him for help.

August just laughed.

"Hey, what 'da queen of 'da house says, goes." He hunched his shoulders.

"Bye, bye, bye." I smirked, waving at her as she turned and walked away.

"Oh, maw, don't forget ya' bed." I grabbed the bag, following her.

"Baybeh, stop!" AJ called out, bursting out in laughter.

I beat Yasmin to the door, putting the bag and Lunchables outside of the door. I stood with my hand glued to my hip, waiting for her to walk through the door.

"There's a Motel 6 around the corner. They'll leave the light on for you an even be waiting for you at the do." I smirked, closing the door as soon as she stepped onto the porch.

I locked the locks and walked back to the den where AJ was still doubled over in laughter.

"What's so funny?" I furrowed my eyebrows, sitting on the sofa.

"You." He laughed. "I neva' expected 'dat reaction, you jus'--you tried ha' life, ma."

"Well, I can't have these hoes thinking I'ma always be so passive and just let shit go. Hell she thought this was?"

"I'on know, but a nigga thought you was finna leave."

"Oh, nah, nah. I ain't goin' nowhere as long as you stop fucking up." I lay back, propping my feet up on the sofa.

"You got my word."

"I got'cha word?"

"Yup. You know what else?"

"What?" I chewed my bottom lip.

"My attention." AJ kissed my thigh.

"My love." He kissed my stomach.

"My heart." He kissed my neck.

"And my all." He stared at me before placing a kiss on my lips.

"I like the sound of that." I smiled, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Good." He laughed, placing small pecks on my lips before fully taking them in.

Our lips and tongues danced in perfect harmony as we both fought for dominance. We eventually broke apart, and just stared, taking each others essence in.

"I love you." I smiled, placing with the hair on the back of his head.

"I love you, mo', mama."

******

Calm before the storm. *Lil purple evil smirking emoji* lmao

ilove yal! P.Y.T Holitdiiiiiine!

Be blessed.

Nee