Seven

Kaimana

Sevyn. A nickname I got when I was in middle school. It was always my favorite number.

Besides being born on July 7th on the 7th day of the week, it's the number of completeness and perfection.

Something I've always longed for. I suppose I'll find it one day.

It's also supposed to represent he who is intelligent and a seeker, a life-long searcher of truth.

Me in it's entirety.

I'm always searching for more because I know there's so much more to life than what I've seen thus far. I know there has to be something I may be missing.

Continuously searching for why this is the life I was given. Why was I chosen to fight these battles? What was I chosen to have this pain and turmoil inflicted upon me? Why did my father leave me the way he did? Why didn't my mother believe in me the way she should have? Why was Jayden the love of my life and the most poisonous part of it? How could all of this happen right under my nose? Why did it take me this long, this drastic of a measure to fight back?

Seven questions I'll always seek answers to.

Seven.

Seven o'clock when the trigger was pulled on a brand new life for both Dy'mond and I.

On the seventh day.

Yet, I don't feel the least bit of completeness I've been yearning for. I feel lost, alone, scared and hopeless.

Like a child.

Like Dy'mond.

How she felt when her father, the man who's partially responsible for her beautiful little being, the man who should be her lover, healer and protect her, rob her.

Robbed her of her innocence.

He selfishly dug away at her freedom as a child and planted a poisonous from which a tree with limbs of fear, anxiety and contempt for the male species will grow.

The inability to love, trust, and feel secure, the pestering conscious, the self-blame and pure hatred will be the daunting leaves to adorn those branches.

A tree that stands alone in the woods of pain and defeat.

A loner.

But she'll never be alone or make it to that point because I won't allow her to.

My devout faith in God will never allow me to let my child experience such daunting pressures and worry.

Dy'mond will never live the life I lived. I never want her to experience the demons I've battled or feel the pain I've felt.

She has to be better than me.

Perfect.

My perfect Dy'mond.

Fearless, intelligent, wise.

My seven.

******
This chapter was short for many reasons.

1. It made me all too emotional. I was Dy'mond. Not that young but still I was her and I know how it felt, I guess this was just my way of putting that into the book and digging deeper as a writer. Yet, I refuse to ever go into detail of something like that happening to a child.

2. I wanted to give a little detail as to why I gave her the nickname Sevyn and not just because of who the character was previously portrayed as. It's going to be more relevant and clearer as we get more into the book.

That's all.

ilove you guys. Be blessed.

Nee