Chapter 1

Mizukis P.O.V

I was sitting at the coffee shop with Mai, Tea and Serenity. We all went to go get coffee every morning, just sitting there and talking. "Hey guys." We all stopped talking and looked at Yugi. "Sorry didn’t mean to interrupt." He said laughing.

"It’s okay Yugi no harm done" I looked at him and said. "Why don’t you guys join us" I said. They all agreed and sat down. Now it was the whole gang sitting here together, all except Duke, which I'm glad, I was in a good mood and I didn’t feel like having it ruined by that jerk.

"Here comes Duke." Mai nudged me and said, letting out a slight laugh.

"Just what I needed" I sigh.

"Hey guys" Duke said walking up to us; he looked at everyone but me. "My, my Serenity you are looking beautiful today" He said sitting next to Serenity giving her a big smile.

"Umm... thanks" She stuttered, the girls all knew that Serenity wasn't interested in Duke, that she was interested in Tristian. But of course Duke thinks that every girl wants him. He was a conceded guy like that. 'God just hearing his voice pisses me off' I thought as I tried to keep my cool. Duke and I never really got along, never have, and never will. We always are at each other’s throat about something, it made things worse when he made Joey put on a dog costume. My phone let out a loud dinging noise, causing everyone to stop their conversations that they were having and look over at me. My cheeks heated up in embarrassment. I let out a low groan.

“I’m going to smack whoever just texted me” I cursed under my breath.

I picked it up and checked it, it’s from Seto "Mizuki meet me at the park, -Seto." Seto and I weren’t exactly the closest friends but we were friends, he puts up with me because Mokuba thinks of me as his older sister.

"I got to go" I said as I finished my coffee.

"And where are you going?" Mai asked curiously. I stood up and looked at her.

"Seto wants me to meet him and Mokuba at the park." I said as I walked away. Better than sitting there dealing with Duke.

Dukes P.O.V.

I sat down next to Serenity and told her how beautiful she was, I was trying not to look over at Mizuki, just didn’t feel like dealing with her. I can honestly say that she is the only girl that I hate, we always fight about something and she gets on my nervous. As everyone was talking, a loud dinging noise echoed around the room causing everyone to stop talking. Everyone’s eyes drifted over to Mizuki. I noticed her cheeks instantly heat up. She let out a low groan while she picked up her cell phone and glanced over the incoming text that she received.

"I got to go" She said as she drank the last drop of her coffee.

"And where are you going?" Mai asked her as she stood up. She looked at Mai and said that Seto wanted her to meet him. ‘Jesus, she sure does get around’ I thought as I turned my head.

"I wonder if she and Seto are together" Joey asked when Mizuki was out of site.

"Who cares, he probably is just using her for sex. She's easy after all" I said as I took a sip of my coffee.

"You don’t know anything about her Duke. So don’t talk about her like that or I will kick your ass" Mai said slamming her hands on the table and giving me a deathly stare.

"Your right I don’t know anything about her, and I honestly don’t care." Mai and I didn’t say anything just glared at each other. Mai and Mizuki grew up together so they were close, which is why when Mizuki isn’t around to stand up for herself, which I doubt she ever could, Mai is the one standing up for her.

"Duke stop being a jerk. I don’t know what your problem with Mizuki is, but she is my friend and I'm not going to let you sit there and talk to her like that, like she is trash." Mai was getting madder and madder.

"Alright you two enough" Yugi, Joey and Tristen said together while making sure we didn’t do anything more than yell at each other.

"Duke listen Mizuki is a really fantastic girl, and like Mai said I don’t know why you have a problem with her, but she is our friend as well." Yugi said.

"Yeah before you ever came along" Joey said with anger in his voice.

"Yeah, whatever, I'll see you later Serenity" I said as i got up and left. 'I don’t feel like dealing with them right now' I thought as i walked to the park.