Chapter 6

Mizuki’s P.O.V.

I woke up the next morning, and to my surprise in Dukes arms. I unwrapped his arm from around my waist and sat up. I looked back at him, 'He looks so peaceful' I thought. I got quietly, I didn’t want to wake him, and I grabbed my things, left him a note and walked out. I was going to go back to my apartment, take a shower and everything. When I got there Mai and Joey were still sleeping which was probably a good thing. I grabbed some clean clothes and headed to the bathroom. When I got out I noticed my phone flashing,

(Mizuki,

Just wanted to see if you wanted to grab something to eat with Serenity and I,

-Tea)

I texted back saying I would meet her and Serenity at our usual spot at the cafe that we always go to. When I got there I noticed that Tea and Serenity already ordered what I usual get, coffee and a donut. "Hey guys" I said as I sat down.

"Hey there" Tea and Serenity said together, smiling.

"How was last night?" Tea asked me.

"It was nice, why?" I asked, giving them a weird look. Something was up. I could feel it.

"So you and Duke are a couple now?" Serenity asked. I spit out my coffee

"What… are you... talking about…” I stammered, still choking on my coffee.

"Oh I just asked because well one you guys were kissing in the closet, then you guys were cuddled up during the movie, and then you guys went back to his place together" I looked at Tea in disbelief. 'She thinks we are together now' I thought.

"Just because I went home with him doesn’t mean anything happened, let alone us becoming a couple" I said turning my head, hiding my blush.

"Yeah I know that you wouldn’t let things go that far, but about you two being a couple? I don’t believe you when you say you guys aren’t one. I mean come on Mizuki the way you two look at each other is so much more than I like you look” Tea explained. The blush on my face intensified.

"And what kind of look were we giving each other?" I asked. Tea and Serenity looked at each other, than back at me and laughed.

"You guys love each other" They said at the same time.

"I do not love Duke" I yelled, slamming my hands on the table. I knew I was seriously red, and not from anger. 'I can’t love Duke Can I?’ I thought. I turned around and walked off.

Dukes P.O.V

When I woke up, I reached over to where Mizuki was laying, and to my surprise she wasn’t there. I got up and looked for her. When I got in the living room I noticed a note on the table.

(Duke,

Thanks for letting me stay with you last night, and I will give back your clothes when I finish washing them for you

I will see you later.

-Mizuki)

I set down the note and walked into my bedroom, grabbed some clean clothes and went to take a shower. 'Snap out of it Duke, Mizuki only likes you as a friend, nothing more' I thought as I got out of the shower. I texted Mizuki when I finished getting ready.

(Hey, what are you doing?) I said.

(Nothing, just sitting at the park. Did you get my note?) She said back.

(Yeah, I’ll see you at the park)I said as I locked the door and shut it behind me. 'I need to know' I thought as I walked towards the park. When I got there she was already sitting in her usual spot, the swing set. "Yo" I said as I sat next to her.

"Hey" She said, I looked over and noticed that she was thinking hard about something.

"What’s on your mind?" I asked her.

"Umm... nothing" She said turning her head to where I couldn’t see her face.

"Mizuki, about last night" I started.

"Yeah I’m sorry about that Duke. It’s just I don’t like sleeping by myself after watching a scary movie. I didn’t mean for you to think of it as any more than that. I’m sorry" she hurriedly said. I looked over at her, 'so she doesn’t like me' I thought.

"Oh" I mumbled, looking down at the ground. My heart literally fell to my stomach.

"Yeah and I will give you your clothes back later today. I put them in the wash when I got to my apartment and left a note for Mai to put it in the dryer when she got up” she told me.

"Thanks" I said. I was sad and disappointed. She doesn’t like me like I like her.

"Duke is something wrong?" She asked with worry.

"No nothing" I said. I got up, “I have to go do something" I said as I walked away. I don’t like rejection and I don’t think I could handle rejection from her; I probably wouldn’t recover if that happened.