Chapter 4

Dukes P.O.V

-The next day-

I was sitting at the table in Yugi's grandpas’ shop; we were waiting for Mizuki to get here. "Sorry I’m late guys" Mizuki said walking in.

"You should be" I said laughing a little, taking a sip of my water. Everyone turned towards me glaring.

"Don’t be such a jerk Duke" Mizuki said messing up my hair.

"Hey now, not the hair!" I said trying to fix it, letting out a slight laugh. Everyone stared at us in shock, like they couldn’t believe that we were getting along.

"What has gotten into you two?" Mai asked. Mizuki and I looked at each other, then at everyone else.

"We choose to put our differences aside. We think that fighting is pointless and a waste of everyone’s time anymore." I explained, causing everyone to give us a look of shock.

"Wow, It’s about time" Joey said, being the first one to break the awkward silence that fell before everyone.

"Yeah, yeah, that doesn’t mean that we like each other anymore than we did" Mizuki said. They all laughed at us.

"Oh yeah don’t forget my party this weekend" Tea said making everyone stop. "Who’s all going?"

"I am" Joey said.

"So am I" Tristen said.

"I’ll be there" Yugi said.

"I’ll go if I have nothing better to do" Mai said.

"I guess I’ll go" I said. We all looked at Mizuki waiting for her to answer.

"Ummm" She said nervously.

"Mizuki you have to go" Serenity said. “I know I am. And a party is nothing without you" Serenity pleaded.

"Okay... okay I’ll go" Mizuki said laughing.

After that we all got ready to go to the mall. Once we got there the girls went their way and the guys were their way. We all decided that we would meet up for lunch in about two hours.

-2 hours later-

Yugi, Tristen, Joey and I were walking towards the table that we saw the girls sitting at. "Where’s Mizuki?" Joey asked sitting down.

"Oh her, she’s over there" Mai said pointing to Mizuki with some guy. I don’t know why but it kind of made me mad sitting there while some guy was flirting with Mizuki. 'Damn it Duke snap out of it, why care if some guy is flirting with her' I thought shaking off the feeling.

"Sorry about those guys" Mizuki said as she sat down.

"It’s okay Mizuki" Tea said, "I won’t be mad under one condition. Did you get the guys number?" We all stared at Mizuki.

"Well of course" Mizuki said smiling while holding up a piece of paper. Again I felt really mad about that.

"I forgot I have somewhere that I need to be" I said standing up and walking off. 'Can’t believe that some guy would flirt with her in front of me' I thought. "Damn it" I said as I continued to walk out of the mall, "Why do I care?"

Mizuki’s P.O.V

I was standing there when some really cute guy walked up, "I don’t mean to be rude, but I couldn’t help but notice you" He said smiling at me.

"Oh that’s alright" I said smiling back.

"We're going to go find somewhere to sit, come join us when you’re done" Mai said nudging me. After that I got to know the guy a little, his name was John.

"I’m sorry, I don’t mean to be rude but I have to go meet up with my friends" I finally said after a while of talking.

"No that’s alright. How about I give you my number and you can hit me up sometime?" John asked me, his smile growing.

"Okay" I said. He gave me his number and I walked over to where my friends were sitting.

"Sorry about those guys" I said sitting down

"It’s okay Mizuki" Tea said," I won’t be mad under one condition. Did you at least get the guys number?" When Tea asked that everyone was staring at me.

"Well of course" I said smiling at them while holding a piece of paper with his number on it. I looked over at Duke then. 'He looks mad' I thought, ' but about what?'

"I forgot I have somewhere that I need to be" Duke said as he stood up and left. I watched him as he walked out.

"What has gotten into him?" I asked.

"Oh him, maybe he is just jealous about you getting some guys number" Mai said laughing.

"Oh yeah like that is the problem" I said laughing with her. 'I wonder if that is really what his problem is' I thought. As we all continued to shop I decided to text Duke.

(Hey what’s wrong?) I texted him. I didn’t get a reply for some time and when I did it wasn’t what I was expecting.

(Nothing Mizuki, don’t worry about it, I just got mad that’s all) Duke texted back.

(About what?) I asked.

(Like I said don’t worry about it) Duke said. I didn’t text him back, ‘what did he get mad about?’ I thought. I was thinking about things when my phone vibrated.

(Mizuki I know that you still hate me, but I don’t hate you anymore Mizuki. I never have. I just pretended to because I thought that you hated me. I’m sorry about everything bad that I said to you, and for hurting your feelings by calling you a whore and everything when I know that you aren’t one) The text was from Duke, and it kind of shocked me.

(I don’t hate you either Duke. And it’s okay really. I forgive you) I texted back.

(I’m glad, because I don’t want you to hate me Mizuki) Duke said. I closed my phone and walked out of the mall with my friends.

"Mizuki" I looked over at Mai.

"Yeah" I said questioned.

"You seem distracted" She said.

"Oh, sorry, it’s just that what duke said surprised me" I explained.

"What you mean?" Mai asked, I showed her the texts from me and him from earlier. "Aww it seems Duke likes you" Mai said laughing at me.

"That’s not true" I said taking my phone from her, I felt heat rise to my cheeks. "Duke would never like me" I said as we continued to walk.

"Okay whatever you say Mizuki" Mai said walking ahead of me. "But if you want to know for sure. Why don’t you find out at Teas party this weekend?" She asked. 'Maybe I will' I thought as I caught up with them.