Prologue

"Hey, listen." A girl wearing white long skirt and red top was running after a man.

But the man was neither stopping nor paying attention to her despite listening her voice.

"Can't you hear me?" She was still running behind him holding her skirt a bit up to run.

"Hey wait." She came in front of him.

"Why were you acting as if you couldn't hear me?" She was panting because she was running out of breath due to running.

"Who said I could hear you?" The man said being bored looking around.

"I have been shouting your name for so long. You heard and still ignored me." The girl didn't like his ignorant attitude.

She was still panting.

"Are you someone to have my attention?" He scoffed.

"Of course I am. Don't you think you should apologize to me for what happened in the morning?" She demanded.

"Why should I apologize?" He asked raising his one eyebrow.

"You threw me like a sack of rice. I am hurt because of you." Anger seems to be growing in her.

"Didn't I save you from dying?" He couldn't believe this girl's attitude.

"You had many other ways but you chose to push me. Of course you saved me but it doesn't give you right to treat me like a trash." She said pointing finger at him.

He looked at her finger intensely.

"Who are you?" He asked coldly.

"I? I am Karishma." She said proudly flipping her hair from shoulder like a heroine.

"I am not asking your name. I am asking about your position. What position do you hold to demand an apology from me?" This man was looking angry now as if he was pissed of this girl's audacity.

"Position? What does an apology has to do with position?" She frowned.

"What a funny neighbourhood? Everyone talks about position and power here." She rolled her eyes.

She closed her eyes and signed.

"Let's say I am not on any position but you are. You must be someone who will have one of the most influential positions in this country in future. You are higher than me. The higher your position is, the more responsible you should be for your actions. That's why you must apologize to me. Your position makes it more reasonable for you to say sorry for hurting me."

As soon as Karishma stopped. This man pissed expression changed into impressed one.

He was staring at her eyes which didn't have fear for him.

Her face was glowing because of her fearlessness.

"What was your name?" He asked without any expressions.

"It  is not 'was'. It is 'is'. Karishma. And it will always remain in existence."

*********************

Please let me know about your thoughts for this prologue.

I hope it was enough to create curiosity in you.

How do you find this Karishma different from the previous one?

If you are someone who doesn't like deep thoughtful stories with sensible storyline then this story is not for you.

It's a love story which includes politics, greed, betrayal, endless sacrifices and so many twist beyond your imagination.

I try to discover new things from my stories.

Proclivy- Real meaning of love.

Engrossed- Consequences of selecting a wrong person.

Affliction- 🤫🤫🤫 no no no, not now but this story will make you cry like you never cried before.

Don't forget to drop your comments. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️