🌞- Ơ𝚗𝚎

🌞- Music: Rendezvous - Miss Benny
————————————————————————
This story contains:
            🍓- Jily (James x Lily) (long-term)
            🍓- Jegulus (James x Regulus)
            🍓- Our lovely R.A.B
————————————————————————
🔎- (3RD Perspective (Authors))

𝕋hroughout his life, he was constantly reminded of his upholding expectations that he had to fulfil; His long-term duty to the Most Noble and Ancient house of Black.
As he grew up, he only learnt more about what it actually meant to fulfil those duties.
Regulus Black did not want any of it.

———
𝔾rowing up in the pristine comfort of Grimmauld Place was not favourable for both of the Black brothers. Regulus fell asleep to the sweet lullaby of melodious screaming every night; each scream varying from person to person. Some nights it could be from the upholding cruciatus curse that his older brother, Sirius, had often been exposed to,, other nights it could just be arguing from his parents. It really depended on the occasion.

Eventually, life had appeared to get worse from there. His brother had been sorted into Gryffindor two years prior, this had put the house of Black into a bad spotlight between the darker families. For that, Sirius had never been forgiven by any of the members of his own family; all except for Regulus and Andromeda had outcasted him.
Regulus' parents, Orion and Walburga Black, often held arguments during any holiday with Sirius. These arguments often led to more and more expectations for Regulus to fill in.
————————————————————————

𝔹y the time that Regulus had arrived at 'Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry', he had much more pressure on him than he had before. This pressure varied from the house he was sorted into, to who he associated himself with. He was expected to be in Slytherin, he was expected to associate with those families who supported the Dark Lord, he was expected to be the best in his classes, but most importantly he was expected not to be Sirius.
———————
𝕃ife at Hogwarts was rocky for Regulus. On one hand, he had his escape from his parents, but on the other he had nobody to look forward to seeing like Sirius had. He couldn't even look at Sirius for fear of his housemates owling home.
Regulus was currently in his fifth year at Hogwarts, his only friends were those his mother had hand picked for him from birth.

As regulus sat at his house table in the enticing great hall, he found himself thinking about Sirius, who himself was in his seventh and final year. He often questioned where his morality was as he guiltily thought about his brother so much recently. He found himself feeling afraid as he grew from a selfish little boy, who despised Sirius for turning his back on him, into a boy who longed for the love of the family who mattered the most (although he would never admit that to anyone). Regulus was drawn out of his thoughts by one of his housemates when he realised that they were speaking to him. He finished with a, "My deepest apologies, I must have been lost for a moment" and a false, flashy smile.
—————————
𝕊irius Black. He loved the life he lived and would not trade it for anything else. He had his brother James Potter with him and that's all that mattered. Together with their two other friends Remus Lupin and Peter Pettigrew, he felt as though he could take on the world if it was asked of him. When asked about his family, his first thought is never Regulus or the house of Black, but the inviting, warm, hospitable home of Potters. He never thought about his blood brother like Regulus did, he couldn't care less for the boy. As far as Sirius was concerned, his family hated him and he loathed them in return, after all, why would he think about anyone who associated themselves with a dire lack of understanding?
Sirius however was not blind, he saw the quick looks that were hinted towards him by his younger brother, he saw the longing look in his eyes. Yet. He still ignored them, he did not feel any guilt in leaving Regulus behind, he didn't feel any shame in leaving Regulus with those he holds the same beliefs as. Or so Sirius thought Regulus held the same beliefs.
————————————————————————
🌞- 𝙾𝚔𝚊𝚢, 𝙸'𝚖 𝚐𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚎𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎. 𝙸𝚝'𝚜 𝚖𝚞𝚌𝚑 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗 𝙸 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚞𝚜𝚞𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚐𝚘 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚘𝚗𝚕𝚢 𝚊 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚛𝚝 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢 (𝚒𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚌𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚒𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝?)
𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚎𝚏𝚞𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚌𝚔 𝚊𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍 :)

𝙻𝚞𝚟 𝚢𝚘𝚞 🤍