🌞-ɬhree

🌞- Music: Burning Bridges - Bea Miller
————————————————————————
Two weeks have passed since that night inside of the castle and Regulus had found himself once again hiding away inside of the corpulent library of the third floor as he had been doing for three consecutive years. He found it to be relaxing despite the constant whining of students that surround him, complaining about their already heavy set workload.

Putting away the books taken out of the shelves, regulus turned towards the door so that he could leave when he was suddenly disturbed by a groaning James Potter being quite literally dragged by Lily Evans. He sneered at the pure sight in front of him; a man allowing himself to be dragged? Oh if his mother ever caught wind of this prospect.
Shaking his head softly with a small frown evident on his face, he passed right by the older couple not sparing them another glance.
—————

"Oh it was a horrid sight indeed" Avery began recounting the events he had just witnessed out in the courtyard. An event that ended up in him seeing the polka-dotted underwear of Severus Snape as he cried whilst spitting out infidelities towards Potter's friendship group that did not include Potter.
"They must think that because this is their last year, they have to become much more of a menace. Stupid boys" Crouch Jr agreed.
"Regulus? What do you say about them?" Avery asked.

Regulus was surprised that his friends would ask him what his opinions on his brothers friends were. He thought that they were alright people that could use a little bit of fixing with manners and respect but otherwise there was nothing truly wrong with them. Of course he could not project that when his friends were who they were. So, he told them what they wanted to hear, as always.
"Why is it so important I must have an opinion? My brother is a blood traitor who is friends with another blood traitor and half bloods who have no respect for their superiors nor for their traditions. Let's leave it at that shall we not?" Regulus finished with a pointed look saying that he was effectively over their conversation.

"Very well put. Anyways, on another note it looks like I'll be leaving. I still have that potions homework to finish for Slughorn next week" Avery said, heading towards the library with Rosier, leaving only Regulus and Barty together.

"Have you had any letters from your parents yet?" Barty asked once the others left.
Regulus shook his head with a quiet "no".
Regulus confided in Barty that he would probably have the pleasure of meeting the Dark Lord during this year just as his cousin Bellatrix had in her fifth year. Barty knew he was not looking forward to meeting him, the man had earned the respect of Regulus' parents and that made the boy a lot more reluctant and, honestly, scared to meet him and serve for him. For Walburga and Orion Black respected nobody but themselves, they had the highest supremacy alive they believed and so for them to wait on another being was strange and unheard of.

"I am expecting one soon however, my parents were hinting all summer towards their expectations"
Barty looked on with an apologetic glance, he had no father to pressure him to doing this as his father was severely Light, he believed his son to be riddled with evil for having a naturally dark magical core.
"Well we should be heading off, dinner is soon to start and we are expected to be a few of the first there"
"Of course Regulus"
———————————————————————
Barty and Regulus walked throughout the hallways together, showing off to be the perfect pure blooded children they were groomed to be. Heads held high, back straight, their feet walking one in front of the other and their eyesight never lingering lower than their noses. As they were turning the corridor to meet the doors to the great hall, a small person bumped straight into them causing himself and Regulus to fall over.

"Watch yourself" Regulus sneered as he stood up and dusted himself off, trying to fix his appearance. His eyes snapped straight to the figure, still on the ground, with a heated glare in the depths of them. His frown furthered as he saw the short, plump figure of Peter Pettigrew.

"I-I'm sorry Black. I wasn't watching where I was going for a moment and I just-" he stuttered out.
A snort made it's way out of Regulus' mouth before he could stop it. He looked Peter up and down before retorting.
"Clearly not" and with an eyeroll, both regulus and Barty entered the hall for their dinner, leaving Peter on the floor to gather himself.
————————
"Pathetic" Barty sneered as they sat down, gathering the attention of Avery and Rosier who had joined the hall not long before the other two boys.

"What on earth are you speaking about now Crouch?" Rosier decided to ask, very unamused.

"Peter Pettigrew. Bloody fat bastard crashed straight into Regulus and had the audacity to
stutter out a stupid reply" Barty mimicked the apology given and gave a dramatic recount of what had just happened.
Regulus sat listening to his friends insult Peter further as they hung on to every over dramatised word Barty told them. He felt guilt deep inside of him for how he reacted but he did not let it bother him. He was knocked down to the ground and he could not let people see that it would be alright to do so, he had to show those surrounding him he was better, just as his parents told him to do, that was all.

But that was the problem with Regulus, it was always his parents, never him. Should the blame fall upon him, Regulus could in fact point it towards his parents, he couldn't own up. The problem was that Regulus was too reliant on every spoon fed word Lord and Lady Black gave him, he never cared enough to act upon his thoughts and words.
That was what made him very unlikable by those who just did not understand.
———————————————————————

"Your brother really is something Sirius" Peter said as he sat down besides James at the Gryffindor table. Sirius looked to Peter confused, awaiting an explanation.
"And that means what?"
"He's just nothing what I thought he would be. He always looks really nice but.." he trailed off.
"Ah. That describes him perfectly then wormy dear. He always looks really nice because he never looks anything, a trick my parents gave us, and of course the prat followed it. What did he do anyways?"

"I accidentally bumped into him in the corridor and..." Peter went on to explain exactly what happened outside of the great hall, from how he saw Regulus until Regulus left.
Sirius looked thoroughly annoyed at his brothers actions towards his friend by the end of Peter's explanation but he could not say that he was surprised.
"That would be my brother for you them wormtail. He appears to be a saint but really he's just awful. Honestly he listens to Walburga and Orion way too much with their blood purity shit. A shame really because he could have been such a great wizard, he's smart enough for that. Instead he goes around acting as if everyone is beneath him all because he was born into the Black inbred family" Sirius finished with a disgusted sneer on his face as if he could not stand thinking about his birth family before he was disowned, which he couldn't. He thoroughly hated them.

"That's a bit harsh Siri. Maybe it's all like a show or something? That's what most pure blood children are like in Slytherin from what I have seen" Lily piped in.
"And you know this how?"
"May I remind you of my past friendships?" She replied with a frown on her face.
"Ah right of course because Severus Snape is very misunderstood got ya"
"Sirius" James said pointedly. They all knew not to bring up the boy around Lily as she hated to be reminded of what she once believed in.
"Sorry Lily I'm just over every slytherin thinking they own the god damn fucking earth"
"It's okay, I understand" she replied with a kind smile as she dragged James upwards to accompany her to the common room.
————————————————————————
Apologies for the late update, I've had this written for two weeks but I wasn't sure if this was good enough to post.
Fuck it I guess

𝙻𝚞𝚟 𝚢𝚘𝚞 🤍