🌞- ʂix

🌞- Music: Absinthe - I Don't Know How But They Found Me
🌞- I haven't actually stated this but thought I should, the music has nothing to do with the chapter itself, it's just a few songs from a playlist I've put together that I think describe the Jegulus relationship from this story :)
———————————————————————————
Over the next couple of weeks, everything seemed to move very slowly, not quite going the pace which Regulus had wanted it to. Being a Wednesday, the morning classes were lengthy and draining, too much attention focused on something so insignificant. Then again, transfiguration always seemed insignificant until it came to spell work and performing, at least to Regulus it did. He never really did understand how others can just wave their wand and will the objects to shape shift so easily, it didn't come as naturally and always took most of his effort but in the end it never turned out just as he'd hoped it would.

And so it was, he sat underneath the old oak tree that lay by the black lake, studying over all of his notes for the subject he was hoping he could of dropped, willing that he could just do the simple spell and move forwards. Regulus hated that he couldn't make the vanishing spell do what it is supposed to although he already understands the method and theory behind it. Books could only get you so far however as it seemed some people just weren't made out for specific things. For Regulus this was the subject of Transfiguration as a whole, it was pointless and only got you so far by doing so little for you. After all, how are you to make a name for yourself, what is it that makes the lessons so special? By transforming a rat into a goblet? Or perhaps making a necklace out of a thin sheet of parchment? It just doesn't make sense at all. If it couldn't help long term or if it couldn't make you seen by the public eye then it is deemed useless.

Realistically though, Regulus knows that he couldn't drop the learning of the fine art for he knows his mother would disapprove. He was struggling to prove himself enough already, he would not wish to make it worse. After being caught acting friendly towards his house elf Kreacher, (although Regulus prefers the term friend), he has had to win the favour of his parents once again in order to prove that he could never share similarities with Sirius that goes further than just their inherited looks. Oh how disgraceful it would be for him if he did not learn how to do the most simplistic spells that anyone his age would be able to accomplish. His parents did not teach him the darkest and most draining of arts to not be able to handle a tiny vanishing spell. Absolutely not.

Deciding to try to change this, Regulus spent the next two and a half hours practicing his transfiguration, attempting his best to perfect what he cannot grasp. In the end though, his efforts all seemed fruitless.

—————
"To
Black, Regulus. A" A yellowed, crisp envelope read in beautiful emerald calligraphy, sealed with a chestnut brown perfect circle of wax. At the slytherin table, the letter had caught the attention of many rich and noble purebloods. Anyone who was rich knew that a chestnut brown wax would insinuate an invitation to a dinner. In addition, anyone who understood that also understood that the letter could only be sent by one person; Horace Slughorn.

Disregarding the wax, Regulus still decided that he should read the letter out of courtesy and pure curiosity (even though he was pretty confident that he knew what it would entail).

"Regulus,
I would be delighted if you would join me for a bit of lunch in my classroom.
Commencing at 12.00 hrs tomorrow.

Sincerely,
Professor H. E. F. Slughorn"

"Well. What exactly is that?" Caius began, after seeing Regulus carefully place the parchment back into its envelope.
"An invitation, to my first Slug Club meeting. Although I must say, if he insists on writing so informally there really is no need for the envelope to be as nicely made".
"I suppose once you've written twenty of the same messages you are fed up of formality" Barty continued
"I suppose. It wasn't terrible, although it could have been more delicately worded".
"Who cares? You have been invited to THE Slug Club no less. It is very rare somebody new is invited in if they are not in third year or below. Merlin, even Malfoy has not been invited and his father has tried to pull every string there possibly could be".
"Don't let him hear you say that Bartemius. He will insist that everything he has done is because he willed it to be done and not because he has practically begged for it to be" Evan stated whilst letting out a hearty laugh to which Regulus could not hold in the small laughter that he tried to suppress. It wasn't proper but he found that he was enjoying himself.