Chapter 23

Y/n pov

Vanitas is in a great mood when we take her to the tavern. Vanitas thanks us again before she and Rusty go inside the building. We head back to the ship tired deciding to stay here tonight instead of an inn. We go inside the still not fully fixed ship needing a few more repairs. The next morning we head out to the tavern Rusty came to us beeping and whirling scared. I say confused motioning Rusty to stop," Woah! Woah. Rusty I couldn't understand you. Slow down." Rusty beeped and whirled Ahsoka says shocked," Vanitas has been kidnapped!"

Rusty hums lowly I ask hopeful," Do you know where they took her?" Rusty beeps leading the way out of the door. Ahsoka and I follow Rusty to a compound near a spaceport. Ahsoka says determined," We have to help Vanitas." I say in agreement watching the compound," Yeah. First we need to figure out a way inside." We sneak around finding a unlocked backdoor. We go inside the building looking like a normal warehouse. Ahsoka comments looking around us," This looks like a normal warehouse."

I respond calmly looking at Ahsoka," Looks can be deceiving. Let's have a look around. Maybe we'll find a trapdoor or something." We spread out looking around after a bit Rusty whirls getting our attention. We come over a box moved showing a hidden trapdoor underneath. Ahsoka questions curious," So, are we going inside?" I respond with a shrug," We've come this far. We might as well go all in." I open the hatch peaking inside guards watching over the latter. I calmly open the hatch jumping down quickly killing the two guards.

I look around finding no one else around I say up to Ahsoka," Coast is clear." Ahsoka jumped down Rusty following using his jets to quietly come down. We get moving heading down the hall it being really deserted in here. Ahsoka mumbles confused," Where is everyone? It's deserted." I respond also confused on that," I don't know. Hopefully they don't show up til we're long gone."

Meanwhile

A large green and ship lands in the spaceport a large squadron of people waiting patiently. The entrance slowly opens three Trandoshins walk out of the ship. The leading Trandoshin had green and black scales golden eyes with red tiped spikes on his head. The Trandoshin on his left is a yellow and black male Trandoshin. To the leader's right is a red cloaked woman not showing her eyes hidden away. The leader grins seeing the welcoming party. A Weequayan stood at the front a silver mask covering the top of his face with a yellow visor hiding his eyes.

A smirk appears on the Weequayan's face he takes a step forward saying in greeting," Ah, Talon. Welcome to my wonderful planet." Talon asks coldly looking through his forces," Where is what I was promised Zapata? I don't like wasting my time." Zapata responds with a grin in a cheerful tone," Of course. Of course. Please, this way." The three follows the group back to the hidden base compound.

With the group

We've had to avoid some people here and there going unnoticed by them. We found a terminal Rusty finding where they imprisoned Vanitas. We head that way having to take out the guards watching over the room. Rusty used the terminal to force the door open. Vanitas is sitting on a chair shackled down to the chair. Vanitas looks up from the ground her eyes widen she says excited," Ahsoka? Y/n?" Rusty rushed inside the room Vanitas says overjoyed," Rusty! Your okay!"

Ahsoka went inside taking off the shackles from Vanitas. Ahsoka says gently to her," Come on Vanitas. We have to hurry." Vanitas nods getting up they all leave Vanitas' cell. We start sneaking out but get stopped by a problem. A whole of people came inside noticing something's wrong. We're found fighting them off it being difficult. Ahsoka borrowed one of my lightsabers fighting together protecting Rusty and Vanitas. We're cornered a Trandoshin green and black came forward with a red cloaked woman. The Trandoshin growled out glaring at us," Surrender, and I will spare all your lives. Or you will all suffer."

Ahsoka and I glance at each other bitterly deactivating my lightsabers. I could sense the woman is strong in the Force. The Trandoshin walls towards us Vanitas suddenly ran in front of us. Vanitas yells determined," I won't anything happen to my friends again!" She shoved in her hands out sending out a powerful Force push. Vanitas blinks shocked looking at her hands in shock. I said snapping out of shock first," Come on!" We quickly run through the groaning group on the ground.

We escape the building being chased by the people. We hide in an alley being missed by the soldiers on our tail. Ahsoka asks Vanitas concerned," Why are they after you?" Vanitas answered uncertain," I overheard that they were going to us me against some criminal leader." Ahsoka questions her serious," Who?" Vanitas shrugs she answered puzzled," I don't know. I missed that part of the conversation. All I know is that he's apparently my dad that mom never talked about." Before anything else could be said a deep woman voice said at the entrance of the alley," I know your in there."

We fall silent footsteps walk inside the alley as soon as we see the cloaked woman Ahsoka and I ignite our lightsabers. The woman says gently," I mean you no harm." We don't flinch our defensive stance not cracking. Vanitas speaks up getting all of our attention," She's telling the truth." We all look at her I question hesitant," How are you so sure?" Vanitas answered determined meeting my eyes," I can feel it. She doesn't want to hurt me." We look back at the woman she says monotone," I'm Karia a slave of Talon." Ahsoka questions suspicious," Why would you betray him?"

Karia answered stern fists clenched at her side," He's a descusting Tyrant desperate for an edge, so he uses a innocent child. He pushed my restraint for the last time." Ahsoka and I look at each other than at Vanitas before turning off our lightsabers. Vanitas smiled happy I say sternly to Karia," Fine we'll trust you, but I'll be watching you." Karia responds simply pleased," That would be wise after all I was just your enemy." Ahsoka speaks up calmly," We need to get out of here, but the ship isn't finished with repairs."

I hum in thought before having an idea I look to Ahsoka and Karia who came closer to us," You guys go finish repairs with Rusty. Vanitas and I will keep them busy until then." Vanitas cheers saying excited," We'll show them whose boss!" Karia asked concerned," What about your mother?" Vanitas growls out frustrated," She abandoned me. When they came they paid Miss off to freely take me." Karia apologized but Vanitas bounced back to herself saying that it was okay. Ahsoka, Karia, and Rusty sneaking off towards the ship.

Vanitas says determined," I know who can help us with our distractions!" I question interested glancing at her," Who?" Vanitas answered hopeful," Quinault! Quinault hates these guys anyway and sure he'll be happy to help." I nod deciding it was worth a shot over just running around being shot at every which direction.

Elsewhere

Maul sat in his throne on the planet of Mandalore. His eyes open revealing his golden eyes as Almec walked into the room. Almec questions hesitantly looking to him," You summoned me?" Maul stands walking down the steps from his throne he says monotone to the nervous man," I will return shortly." Almec replied bowing to him as Maul walks past," Of course my lord. I will take care of things while your away." Maul leaves the throne room heading straight to his Black and Red Mandalorian ship hidden away for safe keeping.