A New Warmth - ??? Route

Somewhere along the way out of your door you seemingly got lost in thought. What if Minori was busy... or she was at home already? You didn't know where that was so that would be pointless. Taiga on the other hand was clearly in her room. You didn't know where else she could be but the thought of waking her up scared you... It was at this moment, a cold breeze shook you out of your thoughts. Your legs had simply walked without command, bringing you out onto the sidewalk in the soft snowfall. Your lack of warm clothing brought you back into reality as you found a moment of clarity in between your fever-induced fits or fear. You took notice of a familiar sight. The playground you had been at with Minori. The date seemed to go so well. Your lips curled into a smile as you moved over to take a seat on the bench situated in the playground. Your lips curled into a soft smile as you carefully placed yourself onto the cold metal material, taking in the sight of lights and snow cascading downward. The fever managed to keep you warm though you could feel your fingers and toes starting to get cold.

A girl approached the cafe she was waiting to go to. Yeah it was late but when you want a drink you get a drink, and with this cafe staying open late into the morning, it served as the perfect place to grab a warm drink on a snowy night like this. Her gloved hand gripped the handle to the door, feeling the slight warmth seeping through the glass door only for something to tug at her attention. All she had to do was walk into the cafe but her violet eyes were drawn behind her to the playground. It was then in the soft light produced by the streetlamp that she spotted a familiar (H/c) boy. That was the guy who bumped into her earlier! She was mostly over it but she didn't mind getting in some light teasing. He seemed like a real pushover. The girl released the handle and started shuffling over to the playground, watching for cars before crossing. Her eyes settled on the male and noticed he was barely wearing anything warm.

???: What are you doing here?

Your eyes drifted upwards at the sound of a firm female voice. Your (E/c) eyes met her violet ones as she seemed taken aback by something. Maybe it was how you were sweating like you ran a marathon, or the constant freezing and shivering you couldn't notice. She... she was the girl from before. The one you accidentally bumped into after your date. Her blue hair was familiar, but now you got a look at her face. You certainly couldn't lie, she was attractive. She was a beautiful girl but the soft glare she gave you warned you off from saying anything weird.

(Y/n): H-Huh?

???: I asked what are you doing here, dumb-dumb?

(Y/n): I uh... I don't know... I don't feel great and uh... I needed the walk.

The girl let out a sigh as you rambled out your answer. She looked you up and down and finally seemed to understand. You were delirious of course. You had a fever or some kind of sickness and now you were freezing here on a metal bench in the snow. The girl glanced around and tried to see if anyone was with you. Usually, she could care less and walk off, but leaving a sick person to freeze to death was a bad idea in general. Her mind worked to try and find a solution before she glared down at you softly, a sigh escaping her nose as she gripped your forearm, pulling you.

???: Get up.

(Y/n): Wha?

???: You're gonna freeze to death, dumb-dumb.

You were too weak to really fight back as the girl pulled you out of your seat and began dragging you across the street, your feet fumbling to follow her. You wanted to ask her something but opted to remain silent. She pushed open the door to the cafe and sat you down in a booth. Your eyes drifted around the shop and you noticed something, crossing your arms to rest your head on them. Right over there was where you sat with Minori. It brought a bit of warmth to your already warm body as you remembered seeing her sip on her hot chocolate. 

???: Here you go.

Glancing upward, you spotted a cup with a soft smokey fume coming from it. You lifted your weakened body to see it was... hot chocolate. Your eyes glanced up at the girl to see she had her own cup, though you weren't sure what it was. Her eyes glanced down at you though they were considerably softer looking than the glare from earlier. You lifted the cup to your lips and took a long sip, scalding your tongue in the process as you coughed a bit, setting the cup back down to the amusement of the blue-haired girl.

???: Did anyone ever teach you how to drink hot chocolate?

(Y/n): I'm self-taught actually, I can sip a whole hot chocolate by myself.

???: Not well from what I see. You should keep up the practice, dumb-dumb.

You took another slower sip as the refreshing liquid felt much better this time around. This girl... hoo was she arrogant. You could feel the smug vibes coming off of her, but she might just have saved your life so you allowed your delirious mind to act foolish to keep her happy. 

(Y/n): What's your...

???: What did you ask?

(Y/n): What's your name? 

The girl looked you over once more. You looked like hot garbage but she couldn't help but chuckle.

Ami: Fine I guess I can tell you. Not like you're gonna remember anyway. It's Ami Kawashima, dumb-dumb.

It was your turn to chuckle softly.

(Y/n): It's not dumb-dumb. You can call me (Y/n) (L/n).

Ami: Noted, but I'm still gonna call you dumb for sitting out in the snow like that. Now hand over your phone.

(Y/n): Look, I know we just met but even this is... a bit fast for me.

Ami: Not for that dummy. You need to call someone to get you. I know I'm not gonna sit here and baby you all night. You already owe me for the drink.

Fiddling around in your pockets, you eventually found your phone, glad the wet metal hadn't gotten to it. Ami took the phone and took note of the owl design, wanting to ask you about it but found you were... out cold?! How the heck?! you were just up and talking to her?! Ami took a moment and simply blamed it on your having a cold. Though... she didn't know your password. Though ti didn't take her long to figure out after two tries.

Ami: Really dumb-dumb? Your password is so easy.

Ami ended up calling your father, his brain panicking as she informed him in a gentle tone where you were. Ami then slipped your phone back toward you and took a moment, finishing her drink before walking off. It is like she said, she wasn't going to baby you all night. You were safeish in the shop and your dad was on the way. 

Ami: Best of luck to you, dumb-dumb~

She spoke with a chuckle before heading out of the cafe into the night.  Your eyes were creased a bit, watching her go as you wondered if... if you would see her again. Something brought the two of your together twice so maybe... it was... You didn't get to think on it much longer as you slipped back asleep once more, your father making his way to the shop to bring you home.