A Growing Warmth - Taiga Route

Taiga gently opened her eyes. Why was she pulled out of her slumber? Then she heard it 

KNOCK KNOCK

The sound of knocking coming from the door of her apartment. Her guard immediately went up as it was far too late into the night for this to be any normal visit. She was equal parts guarded and annoyed, upset that her sleep was being interrupted by some idiot in the middle of the night!

KNOCK KNOCK

She grumbled as she stomped toward her door, ready to discard her careful approach to simply yell at the inconsiderate person on the other side of the door. The small girl unlocked her door and threw it open in once motion.

Taiga: What the hell do you- (Y/n)?

Taiga felt her hazel eyes widen as she looked upon the disheveled looking male. His sweat drenched (H/c) locks stuck to his forehead as the light from the overhead hallway like cast a shadow on his already hazy (E/c) eyes. The male's eyes seemed to focus on the girl just enough for a smile to spread on his face.

(Y/n): Y-You're ok... that's... good.

The male gave a lifeless chuckle as he smiled at the girl.

Taiga: Oi what the he- What the heck?!

The light brown hair girl smacked the male's hand, one that had dared to reach up and pet the girl. 

Taiga: You need to seriously... h-hey... are you Ok HEY!

Taiga barely had anytime to react as the male collapsed forward. Taiga managed to open her arms to accept the male into a nearly crushing hug as (Y/n)'s knees took the brunt of the fall. 

(Y/n): Ah I'm sorry I... I'm not feeling so hot.

The (E/c) eyed boy admitted as he chuckled once more. The girl didn't know what was going on and simply tugged at the male, bringing the clearly not well (Y/n) into her apartment to take a seat.

There is a downside to being trusted so easily. When you're trusted, people will rely on you and often let you have a certain amount of autonomy that they often won't question. Though those people aren't ready if the person they so trust makes a dumb choice. Your parents might feel that when they wake as you had managed to worm your way out of your room to unlock the room door and mosey your way down the hall to the room of Taiga Aisaka. You couldn't quite explain why you wanted so badly to drag your unwell body to her apartment, but the crippling fear that gripped you from your strange dream took hold once more and puppeteered your exhausted body to the room of the girl now holding you.

Taiga: Why the heck are you out of bed? You're clearly sick.

(Y/n): Aww... look at that the tiger is caring about me.

You teased gently as you poked the girl on the nose. Taiga looked ready to snap your finger off when she managed to hobble the both of you to her bed. You pried and pushed at trying to force you into a seated position when you collapsed once more, your arms lazily running around the girl as your head rested upon her shoulder.

Taiga: H-Hey come on sit down.

(Y/n): Taiga... please...

Taiga: Please... what?

(Y/n): Please let me sit here like this... for just this moment.

Your gentle voice slightly disturbed the light-brown haire girl as she didn't know how to react to such a strange request. She could easily force you off but doing that to a sick person didn't seem right. So the girl took a deep breath before letting out a sigh, awkwardly petting your head once as a content sigh brushed past your lips. It seemed the fear was finally calming down. Though your fast heart pace didn't seem to halt, your heart still thumping in your chest as you hugged the girl. This moment is... kinda nice...

Taiga was only held for a little bit longer before she felt the male go limp. This time Taiga didn't panic though. Your exhausted form clued her in early that you would likely pass out. With a sigh, the girl managed to force the male into a lying position on her bed. 

Taiga: Gah why couldn't you crawl back to your room? Giving up my bed for this perv... eh...

She let out an irritated sigh a she looked down at (Y/n)'s sleeping form, his bangs sticking to his forehead as it looked like he might actually get some rest. Taiga's hardened gaze softened as her she hestitently reached her hand out, pausing for a moment, before moving the boy's bangs to the side.

Taiga: Get some rest you dummy, alright? I don't need you messing up my sleep.

Taiga smiled softly before moving off to get a drink of water.

As morning arrived and you parents woke up, they clearly noticed that you weren't there. the signs of stumbling and the mess that your empty bed gave them a good idea. However, your mother didn't panic. With a few directions and a reminder from her husband, the man and woman walked down the hall to the room of Taiga Aisaka. From their they collected their delirious child and brought him back to the room, lightly scolding him for simply leaving without letting them know before sending him off to bed once more.  You yourself felt... strange. Well stranger considering the griping sickness. You pressed a hand to his chest, smiling softly as a an unusual warmth seemed to flicker within his heart. Was it the relief that... who ever it was in that weird dream last night was safe? You didn't get to ponder this for long as a cough wracked through your body, sending a cold shiver down your spine as you plopped back onto your pillow to sleep.