Siren Voices Part 1

Media is cute picture of Juniper and Grover I found :)

All the one-shots will be in second person. Which is when the main protagonist is referred to as "you".

You drummed your fingers on the desk, waiting for that stinking bell to ring. You sighed and laid back in your chair, your dark brown hair falling to one side as you tilted your head away from your rambling teacher.

Being ADHD, a five minute lecture on astronomy could feel like seven hours, and that really awesome art class could feel like seconds. It didn't help that you had dyslexia, but it was getting better. Your friend Anabelle didn't have dyslexia, but had ADHD. She could relate which was nice.

Your thoughts were interrupted by the bell and you practically jumped out of your chair and shot into the hallway looking for your only two friends Grover and Belle. You were bit shorter than everybody else, it was easy to navigate the halls and find Belle talking to Grover by his locker. Grover was a year older than you and two years older than Belle, but he didn't seem to mind hanging out with younger girls though.

You walked over to them a grin plastered onto your face. Belle just tilted her head questioningly and shrugged. You were just being you in her eyes.

"What ya so smiley about?" Belle inquired, turning slightly from Grover to look at your goofy grin.

"That I'm finally out of Science!" You groaned tilting your head back looking up at the ceiling as if you were thanking somebody.

"Aww crud," Grover complained.

"What?" Both you and Belle asked turning to your clearly annoyed friend.

"We have to go to Tech Ed and we're late," he explained, trying to walk fast on his crutches. Both you and Belle hurried to class just behind a grumbling Grover.

You went across the cafeteria and into a smaller empty hallway, sharply turn to the left and swung the door open. Belle opened it too hard because it made a swoosh sound and banged the wall behind it. Everyone turned their attention to you, and Belle just gave a sheepish smile. You glared at her for making such a scene and sat down in your assigned spot hoping your grumpy teacher would be in a decent mood. You were wrong...

"Miss l/n," Ms. Stems said sickeningly sweet. "Care to explain to the class why you were late?"

All three of you slumped down in your chairs, not daring to appease the older and very cranky woman. She was unfortunately your teacher.

"All three of you out in the hall!" She practically hissed.

Belle got out of her chair, her French braid whipped the person behind her and she just ignored their threats. You hesitantly got out of your chair and followed your friends and Ms. Stems out of the classroom.

Grover seemed nervous, you weren't sure why, because the worst they could get was a detention... right?

Belle looked absolutely fine, she had a complete poker face on, but smirked when you looked at her. If to say "I can totally get us out of this mess."

You were trying to keep a calm look on your face, but ultimately failed and started playing with the bracelet your supposed "father" left you when you were small.

Ms. Stems stopped and turned around. "I have waited for you y/n l/n for some time," she wheezed, but you realized it was a laugh.

"What do you mean?" Belle asked.

"You too daughter of Athena," Ms. Stems said changing forms.

She was a dark cloud, with bright eyes, they narrowed and advanced at Grover.

"No!" You yelled.

Thankfully, Grover had ducked and rolled, discarding his crutches.

"Y/n!" He yelped dodging the attacks of the cloud thingie. "Press the yellow Sun stone! I hope you're good with a bow!"

You pressed the small stone in and it became a full sized bow with magical refilling arrows. Sweet, you thought as you aimed it at the dark cloud.

"Run Belle!" You ordered and she escaped with Grover on her tail. You raced after them, heart pounding and tried to shoot the dark mist. The arrows just went through it.

"Where are we headed Grover?" You asked him still trying to keep the cloud away. "And what is going on!"

"Well that's a storm spirit, you're a half-blood and we're going to Camp Half-Blood," he explained. "By the way I'm a satyr."

"Oh half man and half goat?" Belle asked. "That's so cool!"

You stare at your long dark haired friend with confusion. How would she know what a saytr is?

"Sorry," she apologized. "Total Greek Geek."

You sighed, this wasn't new coming from the girl who played mythomagic until she was thirteen.

After long hours of running and hiding from Ms. Stems you finally arrived at a strawberry farm. Grover told you this was the place and it had magical barriers, so no monsters could get in.

You heaved a sigh of relief and turned your bow back into a gold bracelet. Belle looked absolutely amazed with the place, obviously not processing that they had been chased for about two hours.

"This is a amazing!" She gushed. "Such wonderful architecture and wild life."

You saw a man riding a horse come up to the three of you. Wait, it was a man with horses behind?

"I'm Chiron," he greeted. "I'm the director of camp. Grover would these be the new campers?"

"Yes Chiron," he said.

"Good," he said. "Get these girls a tour of the camp and some food. I bet they're exhausted."

You nodded your head and sat back on a bench.

"Do want a tour?" Grover asked.

"Heck ya!" Belle agreed jumping up with enthusiasm.

"It's time for dinner already. I'll give you the tour afterwards," he explained, heading forward, while a very excited dark haired girl followed whipping her head everywhere to take in the view.

You sighed in exhaustion. Realizing how hungry you were, followed Grover to the dining pavilion.

I hope you liked the first chapter. I think it was ok, but ultimately have more in store for you, so bear with me :) Don't forget to favorite, comment, and vote.

Your authoress and Leo Lover, Lightningdust

Last Edited July 13, 2015