Dancing in the Rain

A/N: This is just a cute one-shot that I got an idea for because it was raining really hard last night. Hope you like it :)

It was in the middle of April and you could practically smell the rainstorms. You were disappointed that the camp was protected from all types of weather. So you were just there in the strawberry patch looking outside the camp longingly willing a storm to break the barrier even for a second.

"What you doing Song Bird?" A voice asked behind you, using your silly nickname.

You jerked around and you were face to face with the one and only Leo Valdez, your best friend and the one you had a crazy crush on. You hoped you weren't blushing to much at the closeness and cleared your throat and stepped back. "Nothing much."

"I know you better than that Birdie," Leo said with an eyebrow raised. "Mind telling me what's on your mind?"

"Oh," you sighed. "When I was younger my mother and I danced out in the rain." You hesitated and added softly. "It's stupid, but I really miss it."

Then Leo looked sympathetically at you and did something unexpected. He pulled you in and hugged you. "It's not stupid y/n if you want to do it."

You hugged him back and said, "Thanks Leo."

"No problem Birdie," he responded and pulled away. "And ya know what we're going to do?"

"What?" You asked.

"We're going to ask Chiron if we can get the Hecate Cabin to make it rain in camp," he replied already heading towards camp.

"What!" You exclaimed.

"Do you not want to?" Leo questioned. "We don't have too."

"Oh no!" You exclaimed. "It's perfect Leo thank you." You pecked him on the cheek and he blushed. "C'mon Leo let's go ask Chiron!"

You saw him blush too and you both jogged back to Camp.

~*~*~*~*~*

When you originally asked Chiron he said it wouldn't be safe, since the buildings weren't weather proof, since the camp had it's protective force field that didn't permit weather and monsters. You were disappointed, but then you had a brilliant idea.

You gathered all of the couple's at camp and lead a petition, except this wasn't pen and paper it was standing outside the Big House. Chiron came out and shook his head, but finally said, "If you're going to make such a big deal out of this, we should schedule an event."

The Aphrodite Cabin happily agreed to schedule an event. It was called "The Dancing in the Rain Gala." Everyone wore fancy attire and danced in the rain, but there was a catch if you wanted someone to dance with you had to ask them to the gala. Which you were waiting for Leo to ask you, but he never did. You decided to go anyway and just dance with everyone else, but couldn't help feeling disappointed.

~*~*~*~*~*

You winced as Piper pulled your hair back into a high ponytail and finished curling it.

"Sorry!" Piper apologized. "You look nice y/n."

"Thanks Piper," you mumbled.

"What's wrong?" She asked pulling up a chair.

"Oh I wanted to go with Leo, but-" you started.

"You can ask him when we get there," Piper suggested gently.

"Thanks Piper," you thanked her and hugged her.

"No problem y/n," Piper said.

You went outside and it was pouring and everyone was dancing in it.

The Hecate Cabin did good, you thought and looked at all the demigods dancing.

You noticed that Percy and Annabeth were out there. You looked at them, they were dancing and Percy twirled Annabeth around and then he wrapped his arms around her and kissed her forehead. You sighed, why did Percabeth have to be so perfect?

"Y/N!" Piper yelled waving her hand in front of your face.

"Huh what?" You asked, snapping out of your trance.

"I'm going to go find Jason and stop drooling over Percy and Annabeth," she suggested. "They may act like the perfect couple, but they too know when people are staring."

You turned your head to see a slightly amused Percy and a slightly annoyed Annabeth with her arms crossed.

You looked away quickly and went to go find Leo.

You were working your way through the crowd and you spotted the Latino boy sitting on a bench watching the others.

"Leo why aren't you dancing?" You asked him, taking a seat.

"Oh, the girl I wanted to ask is, uh, well," Leo stammered. "Never mind."

Your face fell and then it clicked, you remembered Piper's advice. "Leo do you want to dance with me?"

You swore you could see Leo's face light up. "Sure Birdie."

You took him by the wrist and led him into the middle of the rainstorm. The first few minutes you were just slog moving, but by a few minutes you were full on dancing g with Leo in the rain. You laughed innocently and hugged him. "Thank you so much Leo."

"No problem Song Bird," he whispered and looked at you. He did something unexpected, he kissed you full on the lips! You stood on your tiptoes and deepened the kiss, your fingers playing with his dark curly hair. You finally stopped because you both were smiling to big and you said, "Love you Leo."

He looked you straight in the eye and whispered. "I love you too y/n."

A/N: I liked that one. Oh and don't forget to vote, comment, and favorite. I take requests too, so see ya in the next part :)

~Lightningdust