Chapter 6

Chapter 6 is dedicated to SmolHinata_

Thank you for your support ❤
-----------------------------------------------------------

"Ugh," I groaned as I stared at the all too familiar house. I couldn't believe I was back here so soon.

"Ellie!" a loud voice shouted and before I knew what was happening, I was knocked forward. I managed to catch myself and keep my balance as I looked down. Brooke was hugging my leg and flashing me a toothy smile.

I couldn't even be mad at her. I missed her so much! All my anxiety about coming back melted away as she took my hand in hers.

"How did you get hurt like that?" she asked, staring at my cast.

"I wasn't being careful," I admitted.

"I'm very careful," she pointed out with a laugh. "I'm doing ballet and my teacher says I'm graceful."

I giggled at her proud grin, but my happiness was cut short when I realized that she was leading me into the house.

What was I doing back at the palace?

Well, it had been a little over a week since we had come back and Jun had been drafting up some plans with some of the king's best strategists. He was calling a meeting to discuss the adjustments that would be made to the plan. He had also thought of a way that I could be useful, which I was grateful for. I was here to attend that meeting.

Ashton hadn't said a word to me since, and I had resisted the urge to text or call him. I was not going to bend that easily. Jun was already in another meeting, so our meeting would be pushed back for another twenty minutes.

I had just decided to go see Micah when Brooke ambushed me.

"Elizabeth," a happy voice greeted from behind me. I smiled when I saw Bianca coming towards us.

"Hi, Bianca," I waved.

Brooke skipped over to Bianca, bouncing around her and asking when the baby would be born. Her patience was running out because she hadn't expected it to take so long. I exchanged a look with Bianca and she nodded understandingly.

"Why don't we go get a snack?" she suggested to Brooke, whose eyes lit up at the thought.

"I'll be back in a few minutes," I explained and hurried away.

Saved by Bianca! She understood how awkward it would be for me if I was to run into Ashton now. She had been informed of the break up before I got a chance to tell her.

I made my way to Micah's with trepidation. I had no idea how he would take the news. I wondered if it was the right time to tell him. His hopes of me being the queen would be dashed to pieces. I couldn't bring myself to break his heart again like that. He was still recovering from losing his brother.

"Human mate," Esmeralda greeted when she opened the door and saw me.

"Hi." I handed her the fruit basket that I had brought with me.

"You shouldn't have," she grunted, but her eyes held a smile. She set it down on the counter in the kitchen. Her sharp eyes took in my arms.

"You went on a play date at another kingdom, how did you end up like that?"

"Uh..." I started, but a voice interrupted me.

"Elizabeth?" Micah appeared in the door way. He was looking better than the last time I saw him. Esmeralda had made sure that he was eating right and not just wallowing in self loathing. He had even ventured out of Armani's room.