Chapter 42

Chapter 42 is dedicated to SnehaRai373 and I_knew_it_XD and FavourAnuku

Thank you for your support ❤
-----------------------------------------------------------

ELIZABETH SEYMOUR
Age: 20

ESMERALDA DOLBY   Age: 82
MICAH PRESTON   Age: 18

PRINCESS BROOKE DELORENTES
Age: 9

BEAU ASHFORD   Age: 27
PRINCE ASHTON DELORENTES   Age: 21

KEVIN HALE   Age: 22
RAÚL HENDRIX   Age: 21

KRISTOF EMMERSON   Age: 19
JUN FUJIHARA   Age: 16

----------------------------------------------------------

Elizabeth's POV

“Cabin crew, please take your seats for landing.”

I gazed out the window. Just below, the kingdom of Crysauralia lay blanketed in soft white. I was tired, but my excitement kept me awake through the whole flight. The pilot continued his in-flight announcements, informing us that we’d been cleared to land. The airplane landed on the brilliantly lit tarmac, its wheels kissing the Earth. As it taxied to the gate, my heart leapt with anticipation.

It felt good to be back.

I’d started medical school at the Royal University and spent one and a half years on campus. Then, the next one and a half years had been spent in Cothe on a student exchange program. It had been a hectic year and I missed my family and my friends like crazy. We’d video called and talked through the mind link, but it just wasn’t the same as seeing each other in person, especially when we were mostly in different time zones.

I missed Ashton so much! I smiled at the promise ring on my finger. It had already been three years since he’d given it to me. I would be twenty one in a few weeks. It was crazy how fast time flew by.

I was jet lagged and running on coffee, but the moment my feet touched the epoxy flooring, a million watt smile spread across my face. I was finally back. I’d kept my arrival date a secret from everyone. I figured surprising them would be much more fun.

Micah was the only person who knew I’d be back today. I wanted to hurry through the gate as fast as my feet could go, but the people in front of me moved at a frustrating snail’s pace. I finally made it out and my eyes found Micah immediately.

Esmeralda stood beside him with an uninterested expression plastered on her face. The moment she saw me, she became animated for a second, before going back to frowning at her coffee. I stifled a giggle. She still didn’t like showing her emotions very much with me.

Micah was now much taller than me and his eyes were more green than blue.

“Elizabeth, welcome back!” he greeted as I came over to them.

His voice warmed my heart and it felt as if the snow had ceased to fall and sunlight had cut through the clouds. I was treated to a very rare expression of joy— but it was not quite a smile though.

Ever since Armani’s death, Micah hadn’t been the same. Before, he had been cheerful and vibrant but now he never smiled or laughed. But he was here and he was visibly happy, so that was progress. Esmeralda glanced at me from the corner of her eye.

“So, you finally decided to come back.”

“I could never stay away from you for too long, Esmeralda,” I chuckled. “I know you miss me too much.”