Chapter 44

Chapter 44 is dedicated to seasonal_dreams and sadgirlandfakesmiles and giuliandellaa

Thank you for your support ❤
-----------------------------------------------------------

DIANA RUSSEL
Age: 19

HARLOW KELLER
Age: 22

----------------------------------------------------------

A little more to the left- no, my left. Perfect! Thanks, Kev!"

Diana and I stepped back and admired the decorations. The hall we'd booked was completely set up for Jun's birthday. He still didn't know I was back yet and I couldn't wait to see him again.

The guys had gone about their day as usual without so much as wishing him happy birthday. He must have thought it was strange because Kristof always remembered his birthday.

Little did he know that the 'meeting' they said they'd be having right now was just an excuse to finish setting things up. He'd be coming soon to discuss plans with them and that's when we'd surprise him.

I grinned at Diana and she smiled back and gave Kevin a high five as he stepped down from the ladder. Everything was perfect now. Just one more thing... I moved around the room, handing out colorful party hats to everyone.

"I'm not wearing that," Harlow frowned as I approached her. "I'm an assassin."

"And I'm a medical student."

"What does that have to do with anything?"

"Nothing, but the hat is cute."

She rolled her eyes and I sighed. "Come on, do it for Jun."

"Double no. You're lucky I even came to this thing. I have better things to do with my time."

"Now, now, play nice, ice princess," Raúl said, appearing beside us.

She narrowed her eyes as he rummaged around in the bag and pulled out a white hat.

"This is your crown, ice princess," he said, placing it on her head despite her death glares. He winked at her. "¿Ves? (See?) It's not so bad."

"Whatever," she grumbled, swatting his hands away. "And stop calling me that."

I flashed Raúl an appreciative smile. He was the only one who could get away with things like this with Harlow.

"Should we turn the lights off, hide and then surprise him?" I wondered out loud.

"That won't do any good," Raúl said. "Jun's like a bloodhound now. He'd pick up all our scents the moment he stepped through the door."

Harlow grunted in agreement.

"He's been training a lot more, huh?"

"The king's honed his senses to the T. He's the strongest out of all of us. Well, except for CaVaughn."

"He's coming!" Diana shouted excitedly. "Places everyone!"

Raúl flicked Harlow's hat playfully, then quickly bounded across the room before she could get her hands on him.

The door opened and before he could do anything, I popped the confetti. I was hoping to pop it over his head, but he'd sprung up a lot more since the last time I'd seen him. He was as tall as Kristof now. Maybe even a bit taller.

"What the fu-" he swiveled around to face me as the confetti exploded around him. Then, his eyes lit up. "Elizabeth!"

He wrapped me in a hug, which felt incredibly strange because I was used to him being at least on the same height as me. He gazed around the room in wonder and then his eyes landed on everyone. He raised an eyebrow.